Utilising Automated Testing for Atlas
Atlas is an important application for all Version 1 employees, which maintains timesheets of employees, booking annual leave, managing projects, upload expenses, monthly processing, forecasting, and more. Atlas is extremely important to the business as it helps to create sales orders and generate revenue. The application manages over 1800+ employees and projects sales orders from worldwide. Atlas is the one internal application that means a one-stop solution for all employees.
As the largest private-sector employer in Ireland, Version 1 has a huge demand for new functionalities and bug fixes which require several releases per year. To increase efficiencies, Atlas requested automation validations for a full regression testing suite, which will be executed to validate the application’s validity, functionality and stability, and end-to-end scenarios within a short period. Atlas also wanted to automate Back-end Invoice Processing, UI Functional Automation, and API tests for their application.
Initially, the testing was performed manually by developers. Version 1 migrated the testing approach from manual to automated, setting up a regression automation testing suite. The application now has more than 163 test scenarios automated, which are run on a release basis as part of full regression testing. These tests run after every release on a UAT environment, which tests the functionalities of the application from end to end and covers all cycles of testing.
We have automated UI by using the below tools:
Dot Net Framework
Microsoft Visual Studio
NUnit Testing Framework
- With the quick implementation of automated testing, time is saved even for intricate and enormous systems.
- Testing can be carried out repeatedly, delivering faster results each time with less effort and time.
- Only one resource is required to execute, validate, and report on the entire regression on UAT environment through automation tests, which has reduced the involvement of manual testers.
- Test Automation greatly helps reduce the time-to-market of an application by allowing constant execution of test cases.
- Once automated, the test library execution is faster and runs longer than manual testing.
- Automated test cases are reusable and can be utilised through different approaches.
- By using open-source tools for automating application validation (such as Selenium and Specflow etc), this had led to cost saving on the project.
About Automated Testing at Version 1
Automated Testing for Oracle Cloud Applications by Version 1 minimises the risk of interruption or impact of releases on enterprise organisations – allowing you to focus on the system test automation benefits the updates provide. Each customer has a set of bespoke automated regression tests developed and maintained by Version 1 – which are executed on your behalf in synch with your update cycle. Version 1 will also intercept, assess and manage identified issues to the conclusion with no headache for you.
News & Insights
Blog: May 25, 2023
Tech, Tools and Talent – Developers Survey 2023
What is the Developers Survey? Modernising, innovating, and accelerating business transformation using technology is at the heart of what Version 1 does. Our software development teams are central to...
Blog, News: May 19, 2023
Success for Version 1 at the UKOUG Community Awards 2023
Read time: 2 mins Version 1 is pleased to announce that we have won 8 Awards at the UKOUG Community Awards 2023 which were held at Red Bull Racing’s iconic MK-7 venue, at Milton Keynes. The event...