Utilising Automated Testing for Atlas
Atlas is an important application for all Version 1 employees, which maintains timesheets of employees, booking annual leave, managing projects, upload expenses, monthly processing, forecasting, and more. Atlas is extremely important to the business as it helps to create sales orders and generate revenue. The application manages over 1800+ employees and projects sales orders from worldwide. Atlas is the one internal application that means a one-stop solution for all employees.
As the largest private-sector employer in Ireland, Version 1 has a huge demand for new functionalities and bug fixes which require several releases per year. To increase efficiencies, Atlas requested automation validations for a full regression testing suite, which will be executed to validate the application’s validity, functionality and stability, and end-to-end scenarios within a short period. Atlas also wanted to automate Back-end Invoice Processing, UI Functional Automation, and API tests for their application.
Initially, the testing was performed manually by developers. Version 1 migrated the testing approach from manual to automated, setting up a regression automation testing suite. The application now has more than 163 test scenarios automated, which are run on a release basis as part of full regression testing. These tests run after every release on a UAT environment, which tests the functionalities of the application from end to end and covers all cycles of testing.
We have automated UI by using the below tools:
- With the quick implementation of automated testing, time is saved even for intricate and enormous systems.
- Testing can be carried out repeatedly, delivering faster results each time with less effort and time.
- Only one resource is required to execute, validate, and report on the entire regression on UAT environment through automation tests, which has reduced the involvement of manual testers.
- Test Automation greatly helps reduce the time-to-market of an application by allowing constant execution of test cases.
- Once automated, the test library execution is faster and runs longer than manual testing.
- Automated test cases are reusable and can be utilised through different approaches.
- By using open-source tools for automating application validation (such as Selenium and Specflow etc), this had led to cost saving on the project.
About Automated Testing at Version 1
Automated Testing for Oracle Cloud Applications by Version 1 minimises the risk of interruption or impact of releases on enterprise organisations – allowing you to focus on the system test automation benefits the updates provide. Each customer has a set of bespoke automated regression tests developed and maintained by Version 1 – which are executed on your behalf in synch with your update cycle. Version 1 will also intercept, assess and manage identified issues to the conclusion with no headache for you.
News & Insights
Version 1 is delighted to have been awarded a two-year contract by HMRC (HM Revenue & Customs) in the United Kingdom to support and maintain the department’s Cloud Platform and associated components...
News: September 16, 2022
Version 1 is proud to be listed as the 5th Best Workplace™ Small & Medium in Asia at this year’s Great Place to Work Asia® awards. This is an incredible achievement after being listed as the...