Version 1 London
Microsoft Technical Architect
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
- London, UK
- Full-time, permanent
- Benefits include profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more
Are you interested in making a difference with technology? We make differences. Big ones, and small ones. Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. As a recent finalist for the 2019 Microsoft Partner of the Year Data Estate Modernisation Award, we are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. With over 20 years’ experience, we are trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
We are looking to bring in an experienced Microsoft Technical Architect to focus on Office 365, Dynamics 365, Power Platform with Microsoft Cloud exposure to join our UK Digital & Cloud Solutions Practice.
You will be integral to the growth of the Digital and Cloud Solutions Practice, working with the Digital and Platform Practice Leads on business development through presales activities, including direct customer engagements, contributing to proposals and delivering consultancy engagements. The UK Digital & Cloud Practice is expanding rapidly and there will be opportunities for you to achieve growth quickly. This means the quick progression of your medium and long-term career goals You will shape the Practice’s strategic direction regarding technology solutions and service lines with a focus on Cloud technology.
The Practice is currently very active in the Microsoft applications landscape, focused by growing demand from our customers for speed of deployment, scalability, and greater cost efficiencies.
- You will work across Microsoft SaaS technology, including Office 365 (O365) and Dynamics 365. The solutions will be on-premise, progressively cloud-based and we will utilise your Cloud experience in AWS, Azure or other cloud solution
- Designing, implementing (when necessary) and delivering enterprise solutions will be a part of your role
- Mentoring other members of the Practice and transferring your skills. We are growing and see this role as a key developer of future talent.
- You will be involved in commercial, business awareness to drive Practice growth and this will be including Presales/business development
- Assist in planning, estimation and delivery for UK DCS projects
- Microsoft Digital presales activities in conjunction with the Platform, Advisory Services and Commercial teams
- Working with a diverse client base, and multiple project opportunities
- Be an evangelist for the Modern Workplace, leveraging Microsoft Cloud and Low Code Technologies, including Azure, Power Platform, Office 365 and Dynamics 365.
- Be involved in the tech community and an active observer of the latest trends and technologies
- Significant solution design experience and able to work hands-on as a Developer when needed
- Requirements Analysis experience – Requirements gathering, the experience of running workshops, presentation know-how
- You will be able to take on assignments, driving through projects, contacting the appropriate parties to get them done and escalate when progress is impeded.
- You can deal with all levels of a client organisation, with a proven track record sizing and scoping business requirements into clearly defined specifications. You will use your consultancy experience to bring these business requirements to a successful solution.
- Being able to work as a team is essential and you will be able to demonstrate a strong customer-centric ethos. This means working across multiple projects, and in a project team environment e.g. Agile
- Power BI, Power Apps and Microsoft Flow experience
- Microsoft certifications are an advantage
- Your strong documentation skills, particularly in documenting solutions would be preferred
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: January 21, 2021
Version 1 has experienced phenomenal growth during 2020 where we saw demand and growth in Public and Private Sectors from both existing clients and new key clients. These customers see Version 1 as their...
Blog: December 3, 2020
How can you belong in a place where people can’t say your name? That’s the premise of Version 1’s #StartsWithAName campaign. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) team at Version 1 asked...