Version 1 Southampton
Azure Platform Developer
Department: Business Management & Change
Version 1 has been working in the Microsoft technology arena since 2006 and today is recognised as one of the most competent Gold partners in the UK and Irish markets.
Winners of Intelligent Cloud - Data Estate Modernisation at the Microsoft Partner of the Year Awards 2019, we also gained our Gold DevOps Competency Certification from Microsoft last year. We were the main sponsor of Microsoft TechX event and presented at Microsoft Future Decoded
We have been on the Azure Partner Circle since 2013 and are Azure FastTrack Enabled. A previous Microsoft Partner of the Year, Application Development Partner of the Year for Ireland Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Partner of the year, we have end-to-end Microsoft capability with demonstrated expertise across a wide number of competencies.
You will join a 1200 strong, €110/£90m revenue business. Career development opportunities abound, working in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer of large scale data solutions. You will join a team delivering a transformative cloud-hosted data platform for a key Version 1 customer. You will have a proven track record in implementing data ingestion and transformation pipelines for large scale organisations. We are seeking someone with deep technical skills in a variety of technologies to play an important role in developing and delivering early proofs of concept and production implementation. You should have good experience in building solutions using a variety of open-source tools a Microsoft Azure services and a proven track record in delivering high-quality work to tight deadlines.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Designing and implementing highly performant data ingestion pipelines from multiple sources using Apache Spark and/or Azure Databricks
- Delivering and presenting proofs of concept to of key technology components to project stakeholders.
- Developing scalable and re-usable frameworks for ingesting of geospatial data sets
- Integrating the end to end data pipleline to take data from source systems to target data repositories ensuring the quality and consistency of data is maintained at all times
- Working with event based / streaming technologies to ingest and process data
- Working with other members of the project team to support delivery of additional project components (API interfaces, Search)
- Evaluating the performance and applicability of multiple tools against customer requirements
- Working within an Agile delivery / DevOps methodology to deliver proof of concept and production implementation in iterative sprints.
You will have strong knowledge of developing API and building data pipelines using Azure Data Factory (Databricks nice to have ) in a Dev Ops environment. In addition, you should have good experience of Data Management principles and experience in building ETL / data warehouse transformation processes and automating depployment of service components os Microsoft Azure.
In addition, we are looking for;
- Good experince of Azure API and Terraform
- Experience of Elastic Search or Azure Search. nice to have
- Some experience designing and delivering solutions using the Azure Data Analytics platform (Cortana Intelligence Platform) including Azure Storage, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics
- Knowledge of Apache Kafka / Nifi for use with streaming data / event-based data
- Open Source big data products Hadoop (incl. Hive, Pig, Impala)
- Open Source non-relational / NoSQL data repositories (incl. MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J)
This is an opportunity to join one of the biggest Big-Data Projects in the UK and join a growing Microsoft Azure Capability team.
Roles are envisaged to be full time on-site or on customer site. Expenses will be covered. London and Southampton plus home office base/ remote working. For more info please get in touch.
Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement on the website.
Please note: Version 1 has an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...