Version 1 Edinburgh
Lead .Net Engineer Azure
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We are a Microsoft Gold Partner in the UK and winners of Microsoft 2019 Partner Award for Intelligent Cloud. We are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
We are currently pipelining talent, for a major project and we are expecting to start recruitment in the coming weeks for Edinburgh. You will be part of the Version 1 team, supporting our partner in a time of growth and in these hard times.
Before I go into the role I wanted to highlight someone the benefits included such as profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for course relevant to your role. We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events, summer party and Christmas parties!
You would be working as a Lead .Net Engineer within an Agile Scrum team making real decisions for applications based in the Microsoft Azure Cloud, being given the freedom to make technology decisions without micro-management and working with a customer who truly encourages innovation.
You will work with the team to develop software to meet our client's user needs using C#/.Net on the Microsoft Azure Cloud, follow best practice guidelines and help to improve those guidelines. You will be creating best in class documentation with our client users in mind.
You will have the opportunity to learn and develop with potential opportunities in Angular, Databrinks, UX, UI and other innovative technologies.
- Architecting software solutions using the Microsoft Azure stack primarily, with scope to work with Open Source technology where appropriate (70% technical development and 30% management split)
- Helping to build and lead an effective, cross-functional squad practising agile ways of working (Scrum, DevSecOps, Design Sprints) in tight collaboration with local and remote teams.
- Making decisions about the appropriate use of the stack (including C#/.NET, Logic Apps, Service Fabric, Data Factory, Data Flow, etc.) to deliver maintainable, extensible outcomes for our customers while avoiding technology proliferation.
- Active participation within a highly collaborative tribe of software engineering professionals, ensuring alignment on standards and ways of working.
- Experienced in .Net and C# development
- Current ability to act as a Lead .Net Developer and experience at this level is essential with line management or the ability to supervisor other developers (as a preferred and not essential - You don't need to manage).
- Experience of RESTful services
- Code review experience
- Experience of Cloud applications development in Azure, AWS, Oracle Cloud or another Cloud platform
- Architectural design and experience of creating solutions for Cloud-based applications
- API Development experience
- Agile experience and Scrum team delivery experience
- Experience of one of the following Databricks, Angular, UX/UI or Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- Experience of Databricks
- Experience in UI
- Microsoft Azure Cloud and AzureDevOps experience
- Angular 2+ experience
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 19, 2021
This is an exciting certification for Version 1 as it is our first time participating in Great Place to Work® India. The Great Place to Work® Certification is one of the most prestigious achievements...
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...