Version 1 Belfast
Lead Data Business Analyst
Department: Business Management & Change
Are you interested in making a difference with technology? We make differences. Big ones, and small ones. Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. As a recent finalist for the Microsoft Partner of the Year Data Estate Modernisation Award, we are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. With over 20 years’ experience, we are trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 has been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the second time, ranking 16th again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued success having also been named as the 8th Best Large Workplace in Ireland earlier this year, and a Best Workplace in UK Tech in late 2019.
Version 1 has won a major piece of work with a new client; this project will be supporting the internal IT project for a world-leading Investment Management business. You will be working for a client that rewards innovation, in a collaborative and truly Agile manner. If you want to learn, develop and join an award-winning "Great Place to Work" then read on!
Before I go into the details of our Lead Data Business role needs here are some of the benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for course relevant to your role. We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events, summer party and Christmas parties!
This is an opportunity to work within our new client, collaborating across the business and support Version 1’s service. This client is driving forward on a digital transformation focused on the full spectre operating model with future growth in mind!
You will be working on the digital transformation in an agile way and ensuring the scalability of the business.
You will be doing a wide variety of activities including:
- Collecting, analysing, designing and delivering consolidated Data
- Create design and user stories
- Preparing and delivering presentations
- Leading workshops and a wide variety of other activities to support the design of the platform
- Testing and supporting the go-live
- Experience in the investment management industry
- Data and reporting experience including data analysis including data modelling, mapping and data validation
- SQL queries and Microsoft Access experience
- Asset classes experience including derivatives, equity and Fixed Income
- Experience working as a Senior Business Analyst and the ability to Lead
- Working experience of Excel to a high level
- Experience of Agile and working in a Scrum team
- Aladdin by Blackrock experience
- Experience of Data reporting system implementation and data migration testing experience
- VBA / Visual basic experience
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement: https://www.version1.com/careers/culture/
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: January 21, 2021
Version 1 has experienced phenomenal growth during 2020 where we saw demand and growth in Public and Private Sectors from both existing clients and new key clients. These customers see Version 1 as their...
Blog: December 3, 2020
How can you belong in a place where people can’t say your name? That’s the premise of Version 1’s #StartsWithAName campaign. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) team at Version 1 asked...