Version 1 London
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Please Note: You must have active UK Security SC Clearance to be considered for this position.
Are you interested in making a difference with technology? We make differences. Big ones, and small ones. Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. As a recent finalist for the 2019 Microsoft Partner of the Year Data Estate Modernisation Award, we are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. With over 20 years’ experience, we are trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by commitment to our Core Values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our employees agree; we were delighted to have been officially recognised as a Best Large Workplace in the UK, Ireland and Europe this year.
Whilst Version 1 is a great and happy place to work, it’s not an easy place to work. Version 1 is rewarding with plenty of room for growth, but it is also challenging and will test your skills to ensure you get the most from your role so that you always feel that your career is progressing. If this sounds appealing to you, you could be a good culture fit for our latest Scrum Master role.
Version 1 require an exceptional senior Scrum Master with significant delivery responsibility to initially provide the Scrum Master role within a key public sector customer account, on a highly secure and critical project.
You would be running the Agile ceremonies, and managing a large Version 1 Scrum team in our client’s offices in London’s Canary Wharf. You would be reporting both to Version 1, as well as the client's Programme Director and Delivery Manager. You would have a unique opportunity to influence the product roadmap and release strategy, the MVP, as well as to improve and streamline the process and ways of working and seek growth opportunities for Version 1 within this strategic account.
- Scrum Master – ability to serve a Scrum development team and help them achieve and maintain productivity.
- Use online Agile process management tools to help increase transparency and efficiency of the work done by the Team.
- Coach the Product Owner, ineffective product backlog management and facilitate reporting regularly to the client.
- Guide and mentor the team on how to use Agile/Scrum practices.
- Manage impediments, eliminate waste and direct the team to foster an environment where they do their best work.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Liaise with the Delivery Assurance within Version 1, in respect of run rate, Scrum team performance, impediments, risks and dependencies impacting the project.
- Contribute to project status reporting.
- Current active UK SC (Security) Clearance
- Experience of running Agile ceremonies
- Experience of working in high-value Agile Projects
- Previous experience of working within the public sector, preferably in a consultancy
- Full SDLC, ideally in a Microsoft development environment
- Excellent team motivator
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Scrum Master Certification
- Experience with Dynamics 365
- Experience working as a project manager/ delivery manager
- Experience with defining/ improving processes
Candidates in the greater Canary Wharf area are strongly preferred.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Lead
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...