Version 1 London
Oracle ERP Project Manager
We are the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
Version 1 is a market leader in Oracle ERP consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and in the Cloud. You will join a 1200 strong, €128m/£112m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP through recent strategic acquisitions. Career development opportunities abound, working in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
Version 1 was thrilled to rank as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK in 2019 and winner of six awards (4 Gold and 2 Silver) at the UKOUG Partner of the Year Awards 2019, never has there been a better time to join us in an exciting career in ERP Cloud Consulting.
- Successfully managing the delivery of Version 1’s Oracle eBS Applications projects.
- Working with the customer to confirm scope and goals, objectives and business justification, secure resources (people and budget) and re-iterate the mandate for projects.
- Leading, monitoring and maintaining progress of project plans to ensure delivery of the key stages and goals within the agreed constraints of time, cost and quality.
- Managing customer expectations, and be able to closely monitor for scope creep.
- Managing the agreed scope of the project to ensure that Change Requests are clearly called out, agreed and impacted against timeline
- Assist the customer project manager with monitoring tasks and progress of client specific activities.
- Controlling and reporting progress to the Steering Group/Sponsor, and internally within Version 1 and escalating any issues, as appropriate, in a timely manner. Initiating corrective action where necessary in order to keep the project on track.
- Continually assessing potential risks and issues maintaining risk and issue logs, and contingency plans.
- Monitoring and communication of decisions made by the customer.
- Close monitoring and reporting on project budget.
- Playing a lead role in defining an effective communication strategy for the project, including communicating and consulting with key stakeholders.
- Identify inter-dependencies between the various stakeholder groups to ensure all are aligned and risks are identified, mitigated and communicated.
- Ensuring appropriately skilled resources are delivering the project and managing the availability and performance of those consultants.
- Travel to client sites as required, potentially full time onsite.
- Assisting in pre-sales opportunities as and when required.
- Strong knowledge of implementing Oracle eBS ERP projects end to end.
- Strong experience in delivery and implementation working for a consultancy / systems integrator.
- Overall strong Project Management capabilities and proven experience in delivering complex Oracle Applications projects using Oracle AIM and OUM methods
- Knowledge of PRINCE 2 or other formal delivery methodologies and experience of Project Management best practice .
- Microsoft Project planning experience a must.
- Budget, commercial and Customer experience
- Strong stakeholder management, negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent organisation, documentation and communication skills
- Strong interest in developing internal Version 1 PM Capability solutions and methodologies.
… and you’ll be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past
Do you have previous SI experience?
Do you have recent Oracle eBS implementation experience?
...we would love to speak with you!
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement on the website.https://www.version1.com/careers/culture/
Check out our Oracle Applications Day here https://www.version1.com/ev-cld-ocl-apps-day/
This role will involve both client site travel and some remote working. Expenses will be covered.
Please note we are unable to process UK work permits at this time
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...