Version 1 Dublin
Exchange Migration Specialist - Contract
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Duties & Responsibilities
- In-depth understanding and working knowledge of various versions of MS Exchange 2007/2010/ 2013/2016 and Office 365. Especially strong understanding and work experience with Exchange 2010/2013 & Office 365
- Deep understanding of Exchange 2010 & 2013 hybrid architecture and migration experience from on-premises exchange 2010 message system to exchange 20103 and Hybrid Migrations
- Deep understanding of Hybrid engine
- Complete administration of exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013 servers
- Support multiple clients across multiple technologies
- Mentoring of junior team members.
- Consult with customers and across a cross-team environment.
- Documentation and development of designs, processes and procedures.
- Work within a structured ITIL / ISO20000 IT Service Management environment.
- Works directly with client to gather requirements, design solutions, build proof of concepts and implement solutions
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills arising from customer facing and on-site experience
- Very strong verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required
- Project management skills with experience in stakeholder and communications management
- Escalation point for major incidents/investigations
- 5+ years working in IT
- Strong, first-hand experience of designing, building and supporting Enterprise solutions.
- Experience in the full product lifecycle including: Concept generation, Design, Build and Support essential.
- Interpreting, understanding and solving complex technical problems/incidents
- Strategic thinker capable of looking at the ‘big picture’
- Ability to influence internal teams and customers
- Consultancy/project delivery experience with client facing background
- Strong experience is both multi-server, stand alone and clustered solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of Azure/AWS
- Excellent troubleshooting skills required.
- Specialist in 3 technical areas e.g. MCSE Exchange, SCCM, office365, WAF, citrix , AV, AWS, Azure
- Strong techical experience across Private cloud (VMWare/HyperV), Office365 and Citrix
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory and Exchange Server
- Good broad technical knowledge across Public Cloud (AWS, Azure etc)
- Understanding of Cloud & infrastructure integration
- Strong experience in Cloud deployments (Public & Private)
- Desktop infrastructure experience
- Disaster recovery and site replication solutions experience
- Experience on SAN/Storage solutions
- DevOps and automation experience.
- Additional infrastructure skills such as networking / etc. would be beneficial.
- Other Public Cloud experience such as Oracle Cloud.
- Experience with backup technologies (e.g. Veeam, Backup Exec, ARCserve, Data Protector, and/or CommVault)
- Project management certifications e.g. Prince2
- Service management certifications e.g. ITIL
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Version 1 is an equal opportunities employer and seeks the best person for every job.
For more info:
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...