Version 1 Bengaluru
Solaris Infrastructure Consultant
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
- Support multiple clients across multiple technologies
- Consult with customers and across a cross-team environment.
- Documentation and development of designs, processes and procedures.
- Work within a structured ITIL / ISO20000 IT Service Management environment.
- Works directly with client to gather requirements, design solutions, build proof of concepts and implement solutions
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills arising from customer facing and on-site experience
- Very strong verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required
- Project management skills with experience in stakeholder and communications management
- Escalation point for major incidents/investigations
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as systems admin on Unix/Solaris and RedHat Linux
- Expert technical knowledge of Unix Solaris versions 10 and 11, Solaris Virtual Zones and LDOM's, RHEL 6 & 7 (Experience with RHEL8 would be a bonus), VMWare
- Experience carrying out patch upgrades across Solaris, RedHat Linux and VMWare
- Administrator on Solaris 10,11 using LDMS, Zones, ZFS
- Installing & Managing Red Hat Linux Servers in VMware Environment
- Troubleshooting OS boot issues on multiple OS
- Creating, managing & troubleshooting file system Using ZFS & LVM
- Interpreting, understanding and solving complex technical problems/incidents
- Strategic thinker capable of looking at the ‘big picture’
- Ability to influence internal teams and customers
- Consultancy/project delivery experience with client facing background
- Strong experience across multi-server, stand alone and clustered solutions.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills required.
- Any exposure to public cloud would also be valuable E.g. AWS/Azure/OCI
Essential Technical Skills
- Sun Certified System Administrator for Solaris 10 and 11
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- VMware Certified Professional
- ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Disaster recovery and site replication solutions experience
- Any private cloud experience would be valued. E.g. VMWare, HyperV, HP-UX
- Experience on SAN/Storage solutions
- Experience with ServiceNow highly valued
- Additional infrastructure skills such as networking / etc. would be beneficial.
- Public Cloud experience such as AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud.
- Experience with backup technologies (e.g. Veeam, Backup Exec, ARCserve, Data Protector, and/or CommVault)
- Project management certifications e.g. Prince2
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Version 1 is an equal opportunities employer and seeks the best person for every job.
For more info:
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: January 21, 2021
Version 1 has experienced phenomenal growth during 2020 where we saw demand and growth in Public and Private Sectors from both existing clients and new key clients. These customers see Version 1 as their...
Blog: December 3, 2020
How can you belong in a place where people can’t say your name? That’s the premise of Version 1’s #StartsWithAName campaign. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) team at Version 1 asked...