Version 1 Bengaluru
Backend Developer (with Java)
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 1300+ strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
We are looking for a Java Developer to join our agile development team. You will be working with a team of engineers and testers to create solutions and deliver both mobile and web applications to our clients. The ideal candidate is someone who has a track record of high-quality delivery, combined with a keen appetite for all aspects of software development. These roles are working with greenfield projects where you will have the opportunities to recommend and champion the use of new technologies whether for direct use in products or in supporting the development lifecycle. You should be hands on, able to contribute individually and should have experience with in a fast pace dynamic environment. We use the latest JAVA technologies and tools – SOA Architecture, Domain Driven Design, Microservices, Hibernate and Spring.
- Planning and estimation of development tasks as part of the SCRUM team and strive for accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Implement solutions as per technical design for new features and changes to existing components
- Participate in the full development lifecycle of new functionality and enhancements to existing applications
- Commitment to producing high quality, highly performant and robust software within agreed time estimates and to agreed quality standards
- Participate in changes, and continuous improvements to existing software development, testing and deployment processes
- Ability to work hands on in a fast-paced, agile work environment supporting your colleagues as required
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with multiple business and technical team
- 5+ years’ experience in software development, ideally at least 1 year of which was working with JAVA stack
- Experience working in a cross functional Scrum team in an agile environment
- Strong database and MySQL development experience
- Be flexible and hardworking both independently and as part of a team
- A willingness and enthusiasm to improve and develop new skills and learn new technologies
- Work with Amazon Web Services technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
TECHNOLOGIES WE USE FOR THIS ROLE:
- Java 8, Spring, Jackson, Mapstract
- MySQL, MongoDB (similar), SQL
- JMS, (AWS [SQS, SNS]), Security,
- JSON, SOAP, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes
- JUnit, Mockito
- Jira, Confluence, Agile, Scrum
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 8, 2020
IT Service Provider Version 1 today announced the establishment of a Digital Development Hub in Belfast and the creation of 70 specialist IT jobs. The Digital Development Hub will service increased customer...
News: October 7, 2020
Version 1 is delighted to announce that we have been crowned a Great Place to Work in Tech 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time...