Version 1 Dublin or Belfast
Business Development Executive - Public Sector
Department: Sales & Customer Success
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Due to our expansion plans, we are looking to hire a Business Development Executive to work in our Irish Public Sector Sales team to support and develop our strong position in the Irish Public Sector market, both ROI and NI. This is a really exciting role for someone who wants to develop their career learning how to sell and deliver technology solutions into the Public Sector.
The role will be part of a successful team focused on Irish Public Sector opportunities. The team is made up of of sales people, who generate new opportunities and/or lead on responses to large government tenders and Account Managers who manage opportunities into the existing customer base.
The successful candidate will be have a number of elements to their role:
- support large sales opportunities developed both directly through our Commercial team or through our strategic technology partnerships
- potentially lead on smaller sales opportunities/bids independently or with oversight from a sales person in the team.
- support the execution of contracts awarded to Version 1 – client engagement, commercials, contracting, delivery practice engagement, project mobilisation.
- The role may either initially or expand to include account management of specific government customer accounts.
The candidate will manage, support and deliver on the production of bids and tender responses. The role holder will need to work across account managers, project managers, sales executives and delivery consultants to ensure the best quality bids are prepared and submitted and managed; this will include preparation of documentation, tender responses, case studies and undertaking demonstrations during the selection process for large consulting project or managed services bids.
The role will be based out of our Dublin or Belfast office.
- Liaise with other members of the Irish Public Sector Sales team to lead and support both small and large sales opportunities, including leading on and supporting bids, preparation and management of all bid and sales materials.
- Provide major input to the pre-qualification process to ensure all customer sales opportunities and bids are fully qualified and identified as winnable
- Liaise with Delivery teams to identify and secure resources for sales opportunities and bid preparation.
- Respond to detailed Customer Requirements documents
- The bid manager for a tender is the lead Sales person, however on occasion you may be required to act as bid manager
- Preparation and delivery of Prospect and Client presentations of Version 1 propositions to customers
- Preparation and delivery of presentations for use at various Version 1 customer events.
- Liaise with Partner Account Managers and Sales Support teams to ensure successful delivery of presentations and tender responses to Prospects and Clients
- Support all levels of the Bid process lifecycle, including:
- Bid Planning and Production
- Produce and maintain bid brief and ensure win strategy is reflected in answers
- Identify resource requirements
- Act as a single point of contact for bid team
- Maintain Bid Site/Documentation on SharePoint
- Drive commercial review approvals process
- Edit contributions to bid
- Collate and maintain risk registers and manage risk process in accordance with company standards and delivery governance
- Monitor and report bid and production costs
- Produce post bid review and handover documentation
Maintenance of a level of client relationship appropriate to the sale, supporting the main sales relationship
Contribution to bid strategies to maximise our chance of winning
You will have:
- 5+ years experience working in a business development environment (experience into Public Sector / Central Government a distinct advantage)
- Experience in working in IT Services and technology solutions environment (rather than product)
- Knowledge of the Public Sector tender processes
- Influencing skills: the ability to get people at multiple levels to deliver what you need on time and with high quality, even though they wont report to you will be critical to the success of the role
- Strong written skills in order to complete tender and internal documentation to a high standard – you must have excellent Word, Powerpoint and Excel skills. You’ll be highly attentive to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage at all levels across an organisation internally and externally
- Experience of building good customer relationships
- Good commercial awareness and sound understanding of project and business dynamics
Ability to work to tight deadlines. You’ll be capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management, while recognising and flagging issues outside area of own expertise
Version 1 UK & I Strategic Talent Manager
Tel: + 353 1 901 9334
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 8, 2020
IT Service Provider Version 1 today announced the establishment of a Digital Development Hub in Belfast and the creation of 70 specialist IT jobs. The Digital Development Hub will service increased customer...
News: October 7, 2020
Version 1 is delighted to announce that we have been crowned a Great Place to Work in Tech 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time...