Version 1 London
PreSales Consultant (Oracle Cloud HCM Applications)
Version 1 has ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK in 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time as a ‘Best Workplace in Europe‘ recently too.
Version 1 is the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud. You will join a 1200 strong, €140m/£126m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our Cloud Applications practice is growing at a rapid pace driven by the needs of our customers to embrace SaaS solutions to modernise and digitise the back office to provide greater agility and value in complex and ever-changing environments. Career development opportunities abound, working not just with new technologies but in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to be nominated for 7 awards at this year’s UKOUG Partner Awards.
As a pre-sales consultant in the Oracle ERPM & HCM commercial team, you will work on preparing and supporting compelling and winning bids for our Cloud HCM team. You’ll work with colleagues right across the delivery and commercial teams in Version 1 and also with customer teams during procurement and evaluation cycles.
You’ll be a high energy individual, who is comfortable with working to tight deadlines and working both as an individual contributor or as part of a wider team. You’ll be an advocate of lifelong learning and will continue to keep abreast of product changes and their relevance to customer challenges.
Liaise with Commercial team to support bid responses to:
- Ensure bid project plan created and submitted by Account Manager
- Identify and secure resources required to support bid
- Ensure timescales are achievable
- Identify and secure all demonstration systems required
- Respond to requirements in a timely manner
- Report issues and concerns to the Bid Manager in a timely manner
Liaise with Delivery team to identify and secure resources for bid preparation:
- Functional resources
- Project Management
- Specialist skills
- Provide input to the pre-qualification process to ensure all bids are fully qualified and identified as winnable
- Preparation and delivery of Prospect and Client presentations for Oracle Cloud Applications and for events.
- Liaise with Oracle Account Managers and Sales Support teams
- Creation and maintenance of material to be utilised within the bid process and other areas of the Sales team
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle HCM Applications, including an ability to demo to a customer: Oracle Cloud knowledge (required), HCM (required), Payroll (desired), ERP (optional)Preferably prior experience in a Sales Support / Pre-sales role
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills with a keen eye for detail
- Strong written and presentation skills and the ability to convey the benefits of the software being proposed
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to engage at all levels across an organisation from end-user to IT / Finance / HR Directors
- Ability to keep to tight deadlines in a bid situation
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in the UK.
This is a full-time permanent role with travel (when possible). Expenses will be covered. Birmingham office or London office base but all remote working currently
Permanent applications ideally. Must have work permit due to timeframes. Closing date for applications 06 November 2020
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Manager UK & Ireland
Tel: 00353 87 220 0625
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 8, 2020
IT Service Provider Version 1 today announced the establishment of a Digital Development Hub in Belfast and the creation of 70 specialist IT jobs. The Digital Development Hub will service increased customer...
News: October 7, 2020
Version 1 is delighted to announce that we have been crowned a Great Place to Work in Tech 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time...