Version 1 Bengaluru
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
This role will suit an Infrastructure professional looking to develop their skills within AWS and On-Premise infrastructure, enjoying working in a client facing role.
You will have a strong foundation across core infrastructure solutions (networking, storage, and operating systems), as well as experience in at least one of the main cloud solutions such as AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - you will be working directly with our clients, alongside our high performing team, or within a client team as a subject matter expert.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Support multiple clients across multiple technologies
- Mentoring of junior team members.
- Consult with customers and across a cross-team environment.
- Documentation and development of designs, processes and procedures.
- Work within a structured ITIL / ISO20000 IT Service Management environment.
- Works directly with client to gather requirements, design solutions, build proof of concepts and implement solutions
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills arising from customer facing and on-site experience
- Very strong verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required
- Project management skills with experience in stakeholder and communications management
- Escalation point for major incidents/investigations
- Service Owner for a number fo services e.g. Exchange, Office365
- 5+ years working in IT
- Strong, first-hand experience of designing, building and supporting Enterprise solutions.
- Experience in the full product lifecycle including: Concept generation, Design, Build and Support essential.
- Interpreting, understanding and solving complex technical problems/incidents
- Strategic thinker capable of looking at the ‘big picture’
- Ability to influence internal teams and customers
- Consultancy/project delivery experience with client facing background
- Strong experience is both multi-server, stand alone and clustered solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of Azure/AWS
- Excellent troubleshooting skills required.
- Specialist in 3 technical areas e.g. MCSE Exchange, SCCM, office365, WAF, citrix , Storage, Azure
- Strong techical experience across Private cloud (VMWare/HyperV), Office365 and Citrix
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory and Exchange Server
- Good broad technical knowledge across Public Cloud (AWS, Azure etc)
- Understanding of Cloud & infrastructure integration
- Strong experience in Cloud deployments (Public & Private)
- Desktop infrastructure experience
- Disaster recovery and site replication solutions experience
- Experience on SAN/Storage solutions
- DevOps and automation experience.
- Additional infrastructure skills such as networking / etc. would be beneficial.
- Other Public Cloud experience such as Oracle Cloud.
- Experience with backup technologies (e.g. Veeam, Backup Exec, ARCserve, Data Protector, and/or CommVault)
- Project management certifications e.g. Prince2
- Service management certifications e.g. ITIL
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Version 1 is an equal opportunities employer and seeks the best person for every job.
For more info:
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: October 8, 2020
IT Service Provider Version 1 today announced the establishment of a Digital Development Hub in Belfast and the creation of 70 specialist IT jobs. The Digital Development Hub will service increased customer...
News: October 7, 2020
Version 1 is delighted to announce that we have been crowned a Great Place to Work in Tech 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time...