Version 1 Dublin
Solution Architect/Technical Lead
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Tripti Lal Chandwani
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 1300+ strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT.
Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies. We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Version 1 is looking for a flexible, motivated Solution Architect who has experience working within a client facing role onsite with clients. Our clients are mainly based in Dublin and as a result the role will involve some travel out to client sites. This is a permanent opportunity and will be based out of our Dublin City Center office.
The Solution Architect will be working with architects, technologists, and development teams with the responsibility to ensure that our products and solutions integrate with our clients. Additionally, they will take a lead role and work closely with our Operations Engineering team to provide a world-class DevOps Environment capable of handling the anticipated development load.
- Lead on the setting and enforcement of architecture standards and practices affecting development of all new products as well as impacting existing ones. Develop these standards in coordination with peers in other divisions.
- Manage and continuously improve the Solution Architecture process and artefacts to develop a set of re-usable reference architectures and ensure these are leveraged wherever possible.
- Manages on-site, near-shore, off-shore technical resources within project schedule.
- Architect and provide technical direction for our approach for cloud/SaaS and on-premise products.
- Working with delivery teams in the design and implementation of core components
- Monitor individual employees’ performance
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and team members to their optimum performance level and career development.
- Research new technologies, including hands-on technical evaluation and POCs.
- Create and maintain documentation
- Be an excellent communicator and influencer
- Understanding of up to date software engineering technologies and concepts
- Be able to work under pressure and successfully manage a very diverse and demanding workload combined with an ability to work autonomously
- Be comfortable and capable of communicating with all levels of people within and outside the business, both written and verbal, and with a high level of professionalism
- Be analytical with a keen eye for detail and demonstrated experience in developing new ideas to improve processes
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- 10+ years of experience in information technology
- 5+ years of application development
- 5 + years’ experience in Solution Architect role in busy IT environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in both legacy corporate solution architecture approaches as well as experience pivoting to cloud approach.
- Knowledge of Solution Architecture, with practical experience of applying TOGAF or other architecture framework methodologies to IT
- In-depth knowledge of high-level Web Applications.
- A passion for coding and keeping up to date with new technologies, frameworks and techniques.
- Experienced with internal and external cloud technologies, Certifications in Cloud, and track record of application migrations to cloud.
- AWS Certifications a plus
- Masters degree or equivalent practical experience
Talent Acquisition Specialist
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: December 3, 2020
How can you belong in a place where people can’t say your name? That’s the premise of Version 1’s #StartsWithAName campaign. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) team at Version 1 asked...
Blog: November 26, 2020
It can be daunting joining a new company at the best of times, but it is no doubt a harder experience in the middle of a pandemic whilst working remotely. In response, our Support Services, HR and Employee...