Version 1 Manchester
Microsoft Azure Cloud Architect
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Are you interested in making a difference with technology? We make differences. Big ones, and small ones. Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. As a finalist for the 2019 Microsoft Partner of the Year Data Estate Modernisation Award, we are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. With over 20 years’ experience, we are trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Before I go into the details of our Microsoft Azure Cloud Architect needs in Manchester here are some of the benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for course relevant to your role. We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events, summer party and Christmas parties!
Version 1 is currently recruiting for a Microsoft Azure Cloud Architect for our UK Digital Cloud Solutions practice. You will have the opportunity to join a large organisation with the feel of a startup and experience accelerated progression due to the predicted growth in the practice.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will be developing architecture within Microsoft Azure across multiple technologies such as Microsoft, Open Source and Oracle depending on the client needs
- As you are leading the migration you will be driving the Version 1 team to deliver on time and on budget
- Focusing on the client to ensure we are living to the Verison 1 value "Customer First" and working with the client to make sure we are providing the best solution every time.
- Your role will sit in the UK Digital Cloud Solutions practice but working with other Version 1 technical teams such as ERP, Oracle, Digital and Software Asset Management.
- You will hold a senior role in the business allowing you the responsibility to implement and Deliver a wide variety of Microsoft Azure projects.
- As a consultancy and services provider, we are always looking to bring on new business so you will have business Development and Technical Pre-Sales duties for key Version 1 customers.
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration and setup).
- You will be using cutting edge technology and innovative ways of working including working in a truly Agile way.
- Experience of creating Microsoft Azure Cloud platform solutions
- Experience of leading migrations to the Azure Cloud
- Creating excellent documentation experience
- Experience of setting up, deploying and managing multiple environments to support agile development approaches.
- It is essential that you have strong, in-depth and demonstrable hands-on experience with the following technologies: Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, automation, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- At least one Microsoft Azure certification
- You need to be eligible for SC
- Knowledge of deployment orchestration and configuration management tools (Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Kubernetes)
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: May 4, 2021
Version 1 was honoured last week to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, placing 20th in the 2021 listings. The annual Great Place to Work-Certified™ benchmark study...
News: April 29, 2021
Version 1 was honoured today to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, ranking in the top 20 again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued...