Version 1 Dublin
Head of Cloud Consultancy Team
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to our continued expansion, we are searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Microsoft Azure Practice Lead to join our Digital and Cloud Platform Practice. A permanent position, you will play a critical role in driving our thriving Azure Platform Practice forward. Version 1 have had continued success working with our customers to deliver value, innovation, and excellence.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record working for a Microsoft Partner in a senior consultancy or lead role. This role will be a highly dynamic role with day to day responsibilities a mix of technical, people management and business development. Our Azure Platform practice provides delivery excellence for our Azure Platform projects but also provides support for other Azure projects in Digital, BI&A, ERP and HCM.
You will be an excellent communicator, with ability to clearly create and communicate technical designs, issues, and resolutions to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will have strong empathy and people management skills, taking up line management, recruitment, and performance management.
You will ideally have at least 10 years’ experience bringing a proven delivery track record for enterprise level infrastructure and security projects with more recent focus on Microsoft Cloud platforms. You will be able to effectively collaborate with others, obtain buy-in for your delivery approaches and manage your own priorities and performance to deliver high quality, highly performant solutions to our customers.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Business Development, including Technical Pre-sales, Creation of Proposals, Delivery cost estimation and management
- People Management, including technical recruitment, line management, performance management and mentoring
- Senior Architect consulting, including solution design, design documentation and technical management
You will have:
- Proven consultancy experience working for a Microsoft Partner
- Possession of Azure Microsoft certifications.
- Experience in people management
- Minimum of 5 years as an Infrastructure/ Platform architect
It is essential that you have strong, in-depth, and demonstrable hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such as Azure AD, ADFS, Azure AD Connect, Conditional Access, Azure AD Proxy and Active Directory Domain Services.
- Strong experience in some of the following DevOps tooling:
- Azure ARM, Terraform, PowerShell, DSC, Azure Automation, Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, GitHub
- Excellent customer facing communication and presentation skills
- Excellent technical writing capability for tender responses, bid and proposals
- Datacentre Migration experience and tooling such as Azure Migrate, ASR & MAP
It is highly desirable that you have good knowledge and understanding of the following platforms and their deployment:
- Understanding of Database technology, both Microsoft & Oracle
- Experience in non-Microsoft Public Cloud platforms such as AWS, Oracle, or Google Cloud
- Microsoft Azure and 3rd party Security experience such as, Checkpoint, Fortigate, Cisco ASA, Azure NSG, Azure WAF and Azure Security Centre.
- Experience in Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD)
- Automated deployment of APIs via API Management / App Service and serverless solutions (Azure Functions, Docker etc)
- Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools
- Any experience of working in highly dynamic teams using agile methodologies under demanding timescales.
- Experience of collaborating and knowledge transfer to mixed customer and supplier teams whilst delivering to agreed timelines would be highly beneficial.
… and you will be able to provide evidence and examples of where you have demonstrated these skills in the past. If so, we would love to speak with you.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Lead
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: May 4, 2021
Version 1 was honoured last week to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, placing 20th in the 2021 listings. The annual Great Place to Work-Certified™ benchmark study...
News: April 29, 2021
Version 1 was honoured today to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, ranking in the top 20 again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued...