Version 1 Dublin
Azure Data Analytics Solution Architect
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 has ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK in 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time as a ‘Best Workplace in Europe‘ recently too.
Version 1 has been working in the Microsoft technology arena since 2006 and today is recognised as one of the most competent Gold partners in the UK and Irish markets.
We have been on the Azure Partner Circle since 2013 and are Azure FastTrack Enabled. A previous Microsoft Partner of the Year, Application Development Partner of the Year for Ireland Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Partner of the year, we have end-to-end Microsoft capability with demonstrated expertise across a wide number of competencies.
You will join a 1200 strong, €110/£90m revenue business. Career development opportunities abound, working in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
This role is an important part of and accountable to a collaborative, cross-functional team including Practice Head, Portfolio Director and other Practice Leads. It's all about growing & retaining the BIA Business Intelligence team with appropriate skills and experience to deliver high quality services to Version1 customers and driving the Customer Success ethos through all our teams.
- Supporting and developing our people, including learning & development, certification & CPD plans
- Providing governance and oversight for solution design and implementation.
- Leading team in the definition of best practices & repeatable methodologies in BI, Data Visualisation, Data Presentation
- Ensure joined-up approach with Portfolio Director, Delivery Managers, Practice Technical Leads in BI & Analytics and across the other Version 1 practices
- Working with Delivery Managers & Portfolio Directors in BI & Analytics and other practices to maintain high customer satisfaction scores.
- Defining & documenting reference architectures, solution design patterns, solution accelerators for use in BI & Analytics.
- Contributing to Sales & Pre-sales activities including proposals, Terms of Reference documents, demonstrations & proof of concept projects.
Strong experience and application of technical standards and best practices in solution design & project deliverables with specific focus on BI & Data Visualisation tools (Power BI, Looker, Qlik, Tableau). MS AZure is highly desirable. Databricks, datalake,datafactory etc.
- Promotion of continuing service improvement opportunities across technical domains.
- Maintaining & sharing knowledge within team of key market trends and application of cutting-edge technologies.
- Working with Marketing & Internal Comms to drive awareness of the Version 1 Brand and BI & Analytics capabilities.
- Preparation. presentation at and hosting of events & meet-ups, leading team in doing the same.
- Development of Whitepapers, blogs, webinars and other though leadership material (leading these activities with teams)
- Preparation and estimation of solution proposals
- Development of Go-to-Market and Service Offering definitions for BI & Analytics.
- Project initiation & technical governance – ensuring appropriate technical standards are applied during project implementation.
- Technical lead for project engagements (in some cases, you will lead the initial engagement with the objective to replace yourself once project is established & stable).
- Preparing role definitions & job descriptions for hiring initiatives.
- Candidate selection & interviewing
- Resource Requests, Interviews & hiring.
- Delivering Customer Success & 3 E’s in all engagements.
- Working with Learning & Development teams to establish appropriate learning & certification paths for BI & Data Visualisation
- Capacity planning & succession planning to manage workload & ensure no key single person dependencies exist.
- Working collaboratively to ensure the success of your peers and your teams.
- Line Management within your domain to build and sustain a high-performance culture within BI & Analytics.
Must have work permit due to timeframes.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement on the website.
Please note: Version 1 has an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: May 4, 2021
Version 1 was honoured last week to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, placing 20th in the 2021 listings. The annual Great Place to Work-Certified™ benchmark study...
News: April 29, 2021
Version 1 was honoured today to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, ranking in the top 20 again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued...