Version 1 Dublin
Senior Azure Data Engineer
Department: Business Management & Change
Version 1 has ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK in 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time as a ‘Best Workplace in Europe‘ recently too.
Version 1 has been working in the Microsoft technology arena since 2006 and today is recognised as one of the most competent Gold partners in the UK and Irish markets.
We have been on the Azure Partner Circle since 2013 and are Azure FastTrack Enabled. A previous Microsoft Partner of the Year, Application Development Partner of the Year for Ireland Business Intelligence & Data Analytics Partner of the year, we have end-to-end Microsoft capability with demonstrated expertise across a wide number of competencies.
You will join a 1400 strong, €140/£127m revenue business. Career development opportunities abound, working in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to continued expansion we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Azure Data Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in leading and delivering Azure Data Analytics solutions with Enterprise level organisations. We are seeking someone who can create and deliver a BI vision with customers across many sectors. You will be highly proficient working with business stakeholders and directing project teams and will have direct experience of a range of BI Tools and Platforms. This role will initially focus on a project to transform Version 1’s own internal Analytics capability (approx. 6 months) before joining our expanding Data Analytics consulting practice.
You will ideally have at least 7 years’ experience and a proven track record designing & developing enterprise level data platforms. You will manage your own other’s performance to deliver high quality, highly performant solutions to our customer.
You will be responsible for the design of solutions using Version 1’s approach to the Modern Data Platform. This will include
- Solution design using Microsoft Azure services and related tools.
- Design of enterprise data models and Data Warehouse solutions.
- Specification of ETL pipelines, data integration and data migration design.
- Design & implementation of Master data management solutions.
- Specification of Data Quality Management methodology and supporting technology tools.
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a wider team.
- Deal with other stakeholders/ end users in the software development lifecycle – PMs, BAs, testing etc.
- Development of proposals, tender responses and other commercial documents as part of the presales process.
- Direct experience of solution shaping and architecture development during pre-sales & delivery including excellent documentation skills.
- Strong evidence of Datamodelling and data design (ideally using Kimball)
- Hands-on experience Architecting and delivering solutions using the Azure Data Analytics platform including Azure Databricks, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Data Factory, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Azure Storage, Azure SQL Data Warehouse/Synapse, Azure Data Lake, Azure Search.
- Experience in the design of reporting & data visualisation solutions such as Power BI, Tableau, or Qlik.
- Experience with Master Data Management & Data Quality tools
- Experience designing and implementing machine learning solutions as part of high-volume data ingestion and transformation pipelines
- Experience working in a consulting environment and participating in customer-facing presales engagements.
- Microsoft Azure Data Platform certification ideal (DP-200, DP201).
Must have work permit due to timeframes. This role will be based in our Dublin office when possible, remote working until then.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement on the website.
Please note: Version 1 has an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: January 21, 2021
Version 1 has experienced phenomenal growth during 2020 where we saw demand and growth in Public and Private Sectors from both existing clients and new key clients. These customers see Version 1 as their...
Blog: December 3, 2020
How can you belong in a place where people can’t say your name? That’s the premise of Version 1’s #StartsWithAName campaign. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) team at Version 1 asked...