Version 1 London
Senior Oracle Cloud Projects Functional Consultant
Version 1 has ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK in 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time as a ‘Best Workplace in Europe‘ recently too.
Version 1 is the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud. You will join a 1200 strong, €140m/£126m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
We are looking for an implementation consultant ideally experienced in Cloud Project Portfolio Management and Grants, a candidate with the equivalent EBS R12 experience would be considered.
Experience of additional modules, for example, core Financials - AP, AR, GL and Projects Financials (Costing, Planning, Billing, Contracts) and Projects Execution (Management, Resource Management, Performance) role will require experience and capability of requirement mapping, gap analysis, Functional Prototyping, UAT and all the other disciplines required for implementation. Furthermore, the role will include all other aspects of functional consulting, i.e. bespoke projects, upgrades, system and business process advice and guidance.
The role will involve travelling predominantly to the client site or other nominated site. The role may be required to cover the company’s managed services desk on occasions, for example hand over from implementation to managed services.
Working as part of a team of consultants the primary role will be to implement Oracle Fusion Applications across a wide range of modules and client specific customisations as well as the ability to:
- Run workshops to gather and document business requirements on IT projects.
- Run Conference Room Pilots (CRP)s to audit the client requirements and ensure they are reflected in the configured Fusion Applications.
- Document and manage business process flow charts
- Assist in defining and optimizing simple yet effective business processes and drive change within the organization through negotiation and consensus-building
- Provide hands-on functional & configuration support for implemented ERP modules
- Ensure ERP initiatives follow the proper planning, scheduling and management processes
- Manage on-time project delivery and business expectations to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provide hands on analysis, design, testing, implementation and post implementation support utilising prescribed software design lifecycle techniques and system documentation techniques (AIMS/OUM)
- Configure applications based on requirements submitted by business partners and best practices
- Ability to identify the need for, and design, build and support complex system customizations that are required by the client's processes.
- Knowledge of the full end to end process across modules and the integration points of each.
- Ability to perform financial reconciliations during the configuration and testing phases of a project to identify any subsequent issues with the configured environment.
- Solid knowledge of implementing, using and integrating Oracle Fusion Projects modules as well as Financials.
- Hands on experience in both Oracle E-Business 11i/R12 experience and Cloud ERP SaaS technology. (PA, Project Accounting and or Projects Costing)
- Ability to manage the customer expectation and resolve challenges
- Strong consultancy skills including consulting experience with blue chip companies engaging with Senior Management and Director/CIO level as appropriate for organization size
- Acted as a lead functional consultant on at least two end-to-end Fusion or Oracle E-Business suite implementations
- Willingness to operate and progress in areas that are outside of previous experience
- Ability to multi-task and priorities across concurrent projects may be required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience of working effectively within a team and of displaying good communication skills.
- Excellent mentoring and skills transfer capabilities
- Organized and self-motivated
- An ability to adopt and adhere to client policies and procedures
- Sound negotiation skills
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in Ireland & the UK.
All roles are currently remote but MUST be based in the UK for GDPR compliance.
Going forward this role will involve both client site travel and some remote working. Expenses will be covered.
Please note we are unable to process UK work permits at this time. Candidates must be eligible for BPSS security clearance.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: January 21, 2021
Version 1 has experienced phenomenal growth during 2020 where we saw demand and growth in Public and Private Sectors from both existing clients and new key clients. These customers see Version 1 as their...
Blog: December 3, 2020
How can you belong in a place where people can’t say your name? That’s the premise of Version 1’s #StartsWithAName campaign. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) team at Version 1 asked...