Version 1 Redditch
Senior JDE Functional Financials Consultant
Version 1 has ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK in 2020. This accolade tops off an exciting year for us; Version 1 was also listed for the fifth consecutive time as a ‘Best Workplace in Europe‘ recently too.
We are a market leader in ERP Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals
You will join a 1300 strong, €140m/£126m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and JD Edwards applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to be nominated for 7 awards at this year’s UKOUG Partner Awards.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in Ireland & the UK.
Version 1 is one of the fastest growing IT services companies in Western Europe, Version 1 has doubled both profitability and revenue over the last few years, while at the same time delivering consistent improvement in customer satisfaction and world-class employee engagement.
You should have excellent presentation skills, and an ability to quickly gain a deep understanding of customers' business processes, challenges and issues, and act as the subject matter expert to Customers and colleagues.
The Applications Consultant is a key member of the Field Consultancy Team, where activities will vary between implementation or upgrade projects, or smaller project activities supporting multiple customers’ existing implementations of Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. This position is a customer facing role, and you are expected to be able to work in a team to develop solutions to add value for our clients. You must be willing to travel to a client’s site and prepared to be away from home. Although primarily a field based role, you must also be willing to provide the appropriate level of service/support when asked to work on the service desk for interim periods as required
- Providing functional/application support for Project related activities in accordance with the Project methodology
- Defining business requirements, running workshops, conducting business analysis, providing input to system specifications, gap analysis between requirements and JDE functionality
- Documenting business processes
- Planning, designing and testing interfaces and reports for complex JDE applications
- Consulting with users, technology liaisons, applications support personnel and developers when researching solutions
- Gathering location requirements for specific JDE functional areas and performing system configuration, setup, site reviews; support prototype and integrated systems testing, Key and End User training, go live activities and post go live support
- Adhere to Version 1 standards and policies
- Assist in the support and training of fellow colleagues
- Remain product knowledge current
Performance Indicators / Targets
- High customer satisfaction ratings (internal & external)
- All project related activities delivered efficiently as part of a recognised Project methodology
- Quarterly objectives set during quarterly appraisals are met
- Excellent experience in ERP consulting/implementations and knowledge and experience with multiple JDE modules with experience of at least 1 full upgrade or implementation project lifecycle
- Possess a strong drive for Service Excellence
- Strong JD Edwards (JDE) Finance skills, with other areas such as Distribution Modules desirable
- Experience in JD Edwards 9.2 User Experience (UX), Pages and UDOs
- A background in Accountancy
- Able to identify, troubleshoot and solve problems
- A passion for Service Improvement. Innovative thinker; able to turn customer requirements into workable solutions
- Flexible but methodical and thorough approach; excellent organisational and analytical skills, process oriented
- Strong business process knowledge
- Able to demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Excellent time management skills; able to work under pressure, can meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, solution driven environment
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate effectively at all levels (internal & external). Excellent spoken and written English
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Customer Service: ability to meet and strive to exceed the needs of internal and external customers by producing quality work and service
- Drive for Results: able to go the ‘extra mile’ to achieve tasks, objectives and targets. Demonstrates good attention to detail across all areas of work. Self-motivated.
- Teamwork: able to work together with colleagues to pool skills, ideas and resources to achieve objectives and resolve problems
- Initiative and Problem Solving: able to take ownership, accepts issues and follow up with actions to rectify
- Planning and Organising: able to work to deadlines and manage time effectively
This is a full-time permanent role with travel (when possible). Expenses will be covered.
Redditch or London office base but all remote working currently but must be willing for up to 3-4 days week depending on project and location when we can again.
Permanent applications only. Must have work permit due to timeframes. Jan start
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Manager UK & Ireland
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: January 21, 2021
Version 1 has experienced phenomenal growth during 2020 where we saw demand and growth in Public and Private Sectors from both existing clients and new key clients. These customers see Version 1 as their...
Blog: December 3, 2020
How can you belong in a place where people can’t say your name? That’s the premise of Version 1’s #StartsWithAName campaign. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) team at Version 1 asked...