Version 1 Bengaluru
Senior Test Automation Engineer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
In this brand-new role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a newly formed Cloud and Digital Centre of Excellence focused on designing and implementing solutions which incorporate best of breed technologies, frameworks, and best practices. This provides a unique opportunity for people who are passionate about technology and have a deep commitment to code quality and best practices to build something special and make a real difference to our business and to our customer’s business. You will get to work with some of the brightest people in our organisation who are industry thought leaders and build cutting-edge solutions. It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to make the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights. This is a techie’s dream role!
Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience of testing within iterative/incremental software delivery, including good knowledge of automated testing and ideally exposure to Agile Scrum. They will have communicated a deep interest in improving both their own and the team's ability to produce high-quality, valuable software and have demonstrated their ongoing commitment to personal learning and development in this discipline. We provide complete lifecycle solutions to our customers, helping them to achieve their business objectives by identifying requirements, designing and developing solutions and providing on-going support and strategic advice.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Requirements analysis and validation.
- Defining and executing test automation strategies and scripts.
- Provide QA support to the development scrum teams to automate tests to guide development.
- Review test environments and processes to facilitate continuous improvement and maintenance of quality standards.
- Develop best of breed solutions.
- Work in an Agile environment where you will be challenged and motivated.
- Support and advocate Centre of Excellence to wider org
- Introducing/suggesting new processes and techniques.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to Excellence
You will have:
- Strong Test Analyst skills.
- Proven Test Lead skills.
- Experience of working in fast-paced environments to strict deadlines.
- Strong background in automation testing.
- Knowledge of UI testing tools such as Selenium / Cypress / Jasmine / other
- Understands messaging testing across multiple platforms.
- Experience of defining test strategy/test approach.
- You will have worked in an Agile environment and be comfortable with fast-paced Sprint Cycles.
- Ability and desire to quickly pick up new technologies, languages, and tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about code quality and best practices an absolute must
- Must show evidence of your passion for technology and continuous learning
- Good team player
- BDD tools such as Cucumber
- JMeter or other soak/perf test frameworks
- Open source pen-testing frameworks knowledge would be preferable
If you are up to the challenge, tick most of the boxes above, and looking to own technical oversight of a highly motivated and driven team, then get in touch - we’d love to speak with you!
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Tel: Recruiter Phone
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: January 21, 2021
Version 1 has experienced phenomenal growth during 2020 where we saw demand and growth in Public and Private Sectors from both existing clients and new key clients. These customers see Version 1 as their...
Blog: December 3, 2020
How can you belong in a place where people can’t say your name? That’s the premise of Version 1’s #StartsWithAName campaign. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) team at Version 1 asked...