Version 1 Dublin
.NET Solution Architect
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to our continued expansion, we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’. We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver. We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies. Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
In this brand-new role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a newly formed Cloud and Digital Centre of Excellence focused on designing and implementing solutions which incorporate best of breed technologies, frameworks, and best practices. This provides a unique opportunity for people who are passionate about technology and have a deep commitment to code quality and best practices to build something special and make a real difference to our business and to our customer’s business. You will get to work with some of the brightest people in our organisation who are industry thought leaders and build cutting-edge solutions. It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to make the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights. This is a techie’s dream role!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Key leadership role in the newly established Cloud & Digital Centre of Excellence (CoE).
- Designing and architecting best of breed solutions which will be used by the entire organisation in engagements with customers.
- Providing support to customer facing development teams and architects in how to apply the solutions we build.
- Evangelising and advocating the CoE, including external marketing activities.
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration and setup).
- Business Development and Technical Pre-Sales for key Version 1 customers.
- Collaborate and liaise with other Version 1 and customer stakeholders/ end users in the software development lifecycle – Sales, Marketing, PMs, BAs, testing etc
- Mentoring and guiding of more junior team members.
- Thought leadership in how we develop best of breed digital solutions for our enterprise customers.
- You will have at least 10 years’ experience with a proven track record of designing and implementing large scale enterprise solutions, with a recent focus on implementation and delivery of Microsoft Azure projects.
- You must have a strong understanding of cloud native architectures, with an understanding or experience of other platforms including AWS, Oracle or OpenShift.
- You must have strong customer facing skills with ability to drive conversations and lead pre-sales engagements.
- You will ideally have consulting experience.
- You will be highly proficient working with business stakeholders and directing project teams.
- You must have excellent communication skills.
- You must have excellent planning and organisational skills.
- You will be able to effectively collaborate with others, obtain buy-in for your solutions and manage your own priorities and performance to deliver high quality, highly performant solutions.
- Direct experience of enterprise solution shaping and Microsoft Azure Cloud deployment architecture development including excellent documentation skills.
- Azure certified, preferably as Azure Solution Architect.
- It is essential that you have strong, in-depth and demonstrable hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, automation, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
o Microsoft Azure services such as App Services, Function Apps, Logic Apps, Azure SQL, and Cosmos
- Microsoft Azure and 3rd party Security experience such as, Checkpoint, Fortigate, Cisco ASA, Azure NSG, Azure WAF and Azure Security Centre.
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such as Azure AD, ADFS, Azure AD Connect, Conditional Access, Azure AD Proxy, SAML and Active Directory Domain Services.
- Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools
- Knowledge of Linux and Windows Virtual Machines
- Knowledge of PowerShell, Git, ARM templates, JSON, Bash and deployment automation.
- Experienced in the design and delivery of enterprise level Highly Available solutions.
- Experienced in the design and delivery of event driven architectures.
- Experienced in some of the following Data Protection products; Azure Backup, CommVault, Arcserve, Dataprotector, Netbackup, Veeam etc.
- It is highly desirable that you have good knowledge and understanding of the following platforms and their deployment:
- Automated deployment of APIs via API Management / App Service and serverless solutions (Azure Functions, Docker etc)
- Office 365 products such as Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Skype for Business Online
- Knowledge of deployment orchestration and configuration management tools (Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Kubernetes).
- Azure Service Bus, Event Grid, and Azure Notifications Hub
- Databricks, Data Factory, and Data Flow
- Amazon AWS Cloud Services
- Any experience of working in highly dynamic teams using agile methodologies under demanding timescales.
- Experience of collaborating and knowledge transfer to mixed customer and supplier teams whilst delivering to agreed timelines would be highly beneficial.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: January 21, 2021
Version 1 has experienced phenomenal growth during 2020 where we saw demand and growth in Public and Private Sectors from both existing clients and new key clients. These customers see Version 1 as their...
Blog: December 3, 2020
How can you belong in a place where people can’t say your name? That’s the premise of Version 1’s #StartsWithAName campaign. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) team at Version 1 asked...