Version 1 Dublin
Java Solution Architect
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Tripti Lal Chandwani
“Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.”
Version 1 is seeking a highly accomplished and professional Solutions Architect with strong enterprise architecture experience to join our multi-award winning consultancy organization.
You will join a diverse team providing IT development and support services, working initially with one of Version 1's most important public sector customers.
You will lead in defining and delivering transformative programs for customers including:
- Define strategies to migrate, modernize and transform existing systems onto cloud architectures
- Lead the definition and creation of innovative digital services for customers
- Deliver transformation of IT practices to exploit modern best practices such as DevOps, DevSecOps, automation, etc.
- Provide technical guidance to our customers and to internal teams as we work together building digital services to meet the challenges of the next decade.
- To provide technical and design leadership to a highly skilled and motivated expert technical team.
- To work with customer senior management and technology leaders assisting as they make critical decisions on technical direction.
- Lead business analysts and end-users to elicit requirements & assist in developing design specifications for short-, medium- and long-term future state architectures.
- Developing effective logical, conceptual, and physical designs in conjunction with the wider IT development and support team.
- Assessing customer application estates and defining future roadmaps including cloud migration, modernisation and transformation
- Designing digital solutions leveraging newest technologies and industry best practices.
- To be part of a motivated and dynamic delivery team with strong core values that seek to drive the customer's success.
- Identify opportunities to add value to the customer in the management and delivery of its IT landscape.
- Evaluating and recommending external products and services that may meet the customer's requirements.
- Identifying technology trends and deriving relevant IT proposals, including migration strategies.
- Supporting business development teams in shaping opportunities and defining solutions for new customers, including tender contribution and client presentations
- Certifications in relevant architecture domains are desirable, or proven real-world architecture experience in these areas:
- Enterprise architecture - e.g. TOGAF
- Cloud architecture – e.g. AWS Certified Solutions Architect
- Application & Software Architecture
- Working knowledge of Common Architectural Patterns – particularly API-driven design and microservices.
- Extensive Solution Design, development, and delivery experience in diverse and complex environments
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture modeling, development tools, and techniques including UML, ArchiMate, and Sparx Enterprise Architect.
- In-depth familiarity with modern DevOps tooling and processes such as:
- Redhat OpenShift container platform
- Java frameworks (Springboot/Quarkus, Spring MVC, Hibernate etc.) and Microsoft development technologies
- DevOps automation tooling such as Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, AWS CodeDeploy, Azure DevOps, etc.
- Excellent client-facing skills, including experience working with C-Suite level managers on high-profile IT design or delivery projects.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Specialist
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: January 21, 2021
Version 1 has experienced phenomenal growth during 2020 where we saw demand and growth in Public and Private Sectors from both existing clients and new key clients. These customers see Version 1 as their...
Blog: December 3, 2020
How can you belong in a place where people can’t say your name? That’s the premise of Version 1’s #StartsWithAName campaign. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) team at Version 1 asked...