Version 1 Dublin
.Net Technical Lead
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
In this brand-new role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a newly formed Cloud and Digital Centre of Excellence focused on designing and implementing solutions which incorporate best of breed technologies, frameworks, and best practices. This provides a unique opportunity for people who are passionate about technology and have a deep commitment to code quality and best practices to build something special and make a real difference to our business and to our customer’s business. You will get to work with some of the brightest people in our organisation who are industry thought leaders and build cutting-edge solutions. It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to make the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights. This is a techie’s dream role!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Architecting software solutions using the Microsoft Azure stack primarily, with scope to also work with open-source technologies and AWS / Oracle cloud
- Helping to build and lead an effective, cross-functional squad practising agile ways of working (Scrum, DevSecOps, Design Sprints) in tight collaboration with local and remote teams.
- Making decisions about the appropriate use of the stack (including C#/.NET, Logic Apps, Service Fabric, Data Factory, Data Flow, etc.) to deliver maintainable, extensible outcomes for our customers while avoiding technology proliferation.
- Active participation within a highly collaborative tribe of software engineering professionals, ensuring alignment on standards and ways of working.
- Support and advocate Centre of Excellence to wider org
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to Excellence
- At least 8 years .NET development experience with at least 2 of those leading a team
- Strong expertise in Microsoft .Net technologies and C# with end-to-end project life cycle experience
- Experience of Cloud applications development in Azure using native services (App services / Functions / Databricks etc.) and/or Kubernetes
- Experience building applications with Azure DevOps
- Experience of modern application designs including microservices, RESTful API design, etc.
- Current ability to act as a Lead .Net Developer and experience at this level is essential with line management or the ability to supervisor other developers
- Engage with stakeholders at all levels to ensure that the solution identified is fully understood and supported by all stakeholders, aligned to the business need, is fit for purposes and provides value for the investment made.
- Ability to quickly pick up new technologies, languages and tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Agile and Scrum experience
- Passionate about code quality and best practices an absolute must
- Must show evidence of your passion for technology and continuous learning
- Microsoft Azure Cloud and AzureDevOps experience
- Office 365 / Dynamics365 / Sharepoint experience
- Microsoft Power platform experience
- Team Leading Mentoring of junior devs
- Knowledge of latest architectures such as MicroServices, Domain Driven Design, Reactive etc.
- Translating design into development
- Experience working with offshore team Consultancy experience
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: January 21, 2021
Version 1 has experienced phenomenal growth during 2020 where we saw demand and growth in Public and Private Sectors from both existing clients and new key clients. These customers see Version 1 as their...
Blog: December 3, 2020
How can you belong in a place where people can’t say your name? That’s the premise of Version 1’s #StartsWithAName campaign. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) team at Version 1 asked...