Version 1 Dublin
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Tripti Lal Chandwani
“Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.”
WE seek an experienced Java Digital Solutions Architect to lead customer digital projects. You will work with internal development teams and customer stakeholders, architecting software projects from analysis through design to delivery, including estimation and mentoring a team in the implementation. This will require establishing strong working relationships with various stakeholders to ensure project success. You will bring thought leadership to identify and drive improvements and innovations, across business, technology and IT processes. You will be comfortable applying application modernisation techniques to existing complex systems and IT estates as well as creating new digital services.
Version 1 has a strong capabilities program that focuses on the careers of our team. As a senior Java architect, you will be expected to play a leading role in this capability and driving strategy. For this, we will provide you with a dedicated career plan that will challenge you but will help you achieve what you want in your career and support you to shape your career.
Please note that we are not in a position to sponsor candidates, you must have the legal right to live and work in the Rep of Ireland or the EU.
Preferred Skills :
- Experience in architecting enterprise systems using Java technologies
- Strong knowledge of modern software design patterns and best practices, including Microservices, event-driven architectures, DevOps etc.
- Java development background with a minimum of 3 hands-on teams lead experience - with emphasis on drive, innovation, communication, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Java frameworks including Spring MVC, Spring Boot, and Spring Cloud
- Familiar with microservice design patterns and supporting technologies
- Experience of cloud platforms such as AWS
- Data modeling and design, including relational and NoSQL database design (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, HBase, Hazelcast)
- Defining test strategies and specifying test and quality automation using TDD
- Defining DevOps processes and specifying tooling
- Strong technical and business writing skills, gathering requirements and translating into technical requirements
- Comfortable working with senior stakeholders
- Experienced in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
Desirable Skills :
- API Design environments (e.g. SwaggerHub)
- Messaging platforms and event driven architectures (e.g. ActiveMQ, AWS SQS, Kafka)
- JVM performance analysis and instrumentation.
- DevOps tooling (Docker, Chef, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Ansible etc.)
- Build, CI/CD tools (e.g. Git, Maven, Jenkins etc.)
- Automated Testing Frameworks (e.g. SoapUI/LoadUI, JMeter, Selenium, Cucumber, JBehave, Fitnesse)
Version 1 Talen Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: January 21, 2021
Version 1 has experienced phenomenal growth during 2020 where we saw demand and growth in Public and Private Sectors from both existing clients and new key clients. These customers see Version 1 as their...
Blog: December 3, 2020
How can you belong in a place where people can’t say your name? That’s the premise of Version 1’s #StartsWithAName campaign. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) team at Version 1 asked...