Version 1 Dublin
Enterprise Sales Executive
Department: Sales & Customer Success
In an age of digital disruption, the conversation in enterprise business has turned to Digital Transformation. Digitising the enterprise enables companies to gain competitive advantage, improve time to market and customer experience.
At Version 1, we see Cloud and Digital as belonging to a continuum of services that drive our customers’ Digital Transformation programmes. Our services span Enterprise Workload Cloud Migrations through to UX-led Application Modernisation across both Commercial and Public Sectors.
• AWS Migration for a global Fintech
• Azure Migration & Application Managed Services for a government agency
• Azure Application Modernisation at a retailer
• AWS Migration and Cloud Managed Services for an international airline
• Azure Migration for world leading aircraft leasing organisation
Version 1 has grown significantly in the last five years in particular and will continue to do so. This is an opportunity to join an expanding business of 1300 people, with deepening relationships with our technology partners, a number of successful large implementations in both public and private sector and a growing customer base. This is an opportunity for someone to join the team, understand how to make the most of this growth and these successes to drive more success for the company and for them as individuals.
We are looking for a Sales Executive with a pedigree in Enterprise Professional Services Sales to join our team. The role has a strong entrepreneurial flavour and will suit an individual who has the drive to carve out their own ‘business within a business’ while having the support of a successful sales and marketing team behind them. The role will especially suit a person who has previously built a successful sales career at a Systems Integrator/Managed Services provider through the development of partner channels (e.g. AWS, Microsoft) as a route to market. You will naturally be a self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative with minimum direction.
- Your primary responsibility will be to ‘land and expand’ new customers who are ready to drive digital and systems transformation using the power of digital & cloud through:
- Working with internal Version 1 experts in the areas of Digital & Cloud Transformation and Application Modernisation.
- Working with Version 1 partners, especially AWS and Microsoft, to create fresh and effective go to market campaigns e.g. Legacy Application Modernisation, AWS Database Freedom/Migration Gamedays, Microsoft Oracle to Azure etc.
- Whilst digital & cloud will be your primary focus, should you identify other opportunities in your accounts, e.g. ERP, you can also progress such deals through to conclusion.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations and solution proposals and the active management of your forecast and the full sales cycle for each deal you deliver.
- Contract negotiation covering consulting services, fixed price development and managed services contracts.
- As you build your portfolio of customers, we would anticipate that this will create meaningful relationships with your commercial counterparts in AWS and Microsoft. Such relationships if fostered correctly will lead to further new business opportunity for you and Version 1.
- 5 years’ experience in IT professional services sales with a demonstrable track record in selling services related to at least one of digital transformation, application modernisation and cloud services.
- A demonstrable track record of sales with achievement of at least 3 out of the last 4 years on/exceeding target.
- Pre-existing relationships with commercial counterparts in AWS and/or Microsoft.
- Personal Attributes:
- Massive drive and personal commitment.
- Ability to absorb our customer success stories and communicate them as proof points.
- Ability to ‘sell internally’ by building relationships of mutual respect with your counterparts in our delivery practices and marketing team.
- Customer focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with an agreeable phone manner.
- Ambitious, confident, enthusiastic individual with a “can-do” attitude
UK&I Strategic Talent Manager
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: January 21, 2021
Version 1 has experienced phenomenal growth during 2020 where we saw demand and growth in Public and Private Sectors from both existing clients and new key clients. These customers see Version 1 as their...
Blog: December 3, 2020
How can you belong in a place where people can’t say your name? That’s the premise of Version 1’s #StartsWithAName campaign. The Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging (DIBs) team at Version 1 asked...