Version 1 Redditch
Microsoft Azure DevOps Team Lead
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to our continued expansion, we are searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Microsoft Azure DevOps Team Lead to join our Digital, Data and Cloud Practice. A permanent position, you will play a critical role in driving our thriving Azure delivery Practice forward. Version 1 have had continued success working with our customers to deliver value, innovation, and excellence.
This role will be a highly dynamic role with day to day responsibilities a mix of technical, people management and business development. Our Azure Platform practice provides delivery excellence for our Azure Platform projects but also provides support for other Azure projects in Digital, Data, ERP and HCM.
You will be an excellent communicator, with ability to clearly create and communicate technical designs, issues, and resolutions to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will have strong empathy and people management skills, taking up line management, recruitment, and performance management.
You will ideally have at least 5 years’ experience bringing a proven delivery track record for enterprise customers working in DevOps, Automation and Agile. You will be able to effectively collaborate with others, obtain buy-in for your delivery approaches, tools and manage your own priorities and performance to deliver high quality, highly performant solutions to our customers.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Development of our Azure DevOps capability
- Defining processes, best practices and tooling standards
- Line Management of a growing team, including performance reviews, recruitment and skills development
- Hands on Azure DevOps customer projects experience
It is essential that you have strong, in-depth, and demonstrable hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Strong experience in Azure DevOps, ARM, PowerShell, Terraform and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef and Puppet
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Technical understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products
- Designing, building, testing, automating, monitoring and supporting significant components within a modern digital service platform in production environments.
- Producing designs that are scalable, resilient, efficient, secure, cost-effective and minimise lock-in.
- Implementing modern Continuous Delivery processes for releasing software for releasing software to production.
- Excellent customer facing communication, presentation skills and technical writing capability for tender responses, bids and proposals.
It is highly desirable that you have good knowledge and understanding of the following platforms and their deployment:
- People Management including performance management and recruitment
- Azure Components (AKS, ACR, Key Vault, App Gateway, Azure SQL, API Manager)
- Monitoring (Azure monitor, App Insights, Log Analytics and Dynatrace)
- Azure Security
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: March 16, 2021
Looking for and accepting a position at a new company is usually a step in a person’s career that brings a certain amount of change. A new business usually means new people, new tools, processes,...
Blog: March 15, 2021
Version 1 is celebrating being recognised officially as a Great Place to Work in Ireland for the tenth consecutive year. Great things really did come in threes for us at the 19th annual Great Place...
Version 1 is thrilled to announce that we have been listed as one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Ireland for 2021, an accolade we have now received for a remarkable 10 years in a row! We were honoured...