Version 1 Dublin
Department: Managed Services
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
The Delivery Manager role will be responsibility for customer engagements/projects for one or more customers (either resource augmentation engagements or project delivery responsibility) and will direct the team involved in these engagements, to deliver the required outcome, and in so doing, deliver the required Projects operation gross profit (GP) target.
The Delivery Manager will report to the Portfolio Director to support the delivery team while generally delegating the responsibility for project delivery (timeline, scope, budget, customer expectations) to a Project/Programme Manager. They will retain the accountability for quality outcomes.
The role is highly varied and agile, evolving over time as the practice does. It will enable you to gain broad experience across delivery, commercial and business support and has the potential to be a key enabling role which will accelerate practice growth and success.
This role will enable you to gain a lot of experience and understanding of practice management, mobilisation and operations. It will provide opportunity and potential to develop into a key Version 1 leader as the practice evolves and grows
The Delivery Manager is responsible for the achievement of agreed GP targets working closely with the Portfolio Director/Account Manager.
- In addition, the role is responsible for the attainment and retention of customer satisfaction during the project engagement where this is an initial/only Version 1 engagement. The Delivery Manager has with the commercial responsibility of creating new opportunities within his/her customer set. This will entail the selling/creation of opportunities to keep Version 1 engaged with the customer ideally in a more strategic value add role. Finally, they are responsible for ensuring a smooth, seamless transition into Support or Managed Services/SRG (as applicable) once the project is complete.
- The Delivery Manager will escalate issues or seek the involvement of appropriate Version 1 stakeholders when required. The Delivery Manager will be expected to exercise sound judgement when the Commercial team need to be involved in a commercial opportunity, when an issue needs to be escalated to the Portfolio Director, Practice Head or Version 1 director level and when SRG or SDMs need to be involved (consulted/mobilised).
- This role carries with it the implicit obligation to promote and deliver on both the Consulting and Version 1 corporate agenda. As a key part of the management team, the Portfolio Director will champion the Core Values and will support operations (reporting, controls, forecasting inputs and overall governance).~
- The Delivery Manager is required to work closely with the Commercial team. They should actively drive demand across their customer base to develop new and existing opportunities. They should also support efforts to challenge for new opportunities. This may include bid work, proposition development, creating reusable collateral and participating in Sales meetings with customers/prospective customers.
- Resource planning and management including roll-on and roll-off of resources, raising RFRs, and ESRs as appropriate.
- Staff Engagement and management (General communication to teams to update and enforce company themes, meeting and supporting team members as required).
- General administration for staff where there’s line-management responsibility (e.g. Quarterly Reviews and various approvals).
- The role may include an element of charged activity where the experience and expertise aligned with customer knowledge make them a suitable trusted advisor.
- The Delivery Manager is a key member of the team, collectively leading on growth, customer satisfaction and staff engagement in Ireland.
- On time, on budget (GP) project deliverables for ‘owned’ customer projects.
- Delivery of GP targets.
- Active participation in customer project bids and sales activities to drive and secure consulting demand and the creation of further opportunities, within nominated customer engagements.
- Recruitment/appointment of consultants in cooperation with TechX and Portfolio Director.
- Attainment and retention of customer satisfaction for engagements, where a given project is the first/only Version 1 engagement. Where this is not the case the Portfolio Director will be expected to be a strong contributor to and influencer of customer satisfaction.
- Drive and Promote Value Add initiatives on customer engagements.
- This is a role for someone with a proven ability and history of ‘getting things done’.
- You’ll be a self-starter who will identify what needs to be done, take ownership and drive things to conclusion with minimal oversight. You’ll have a good awareness of when there is a need to escalate and when to just press on with things.
- You’ll be able to influence, support and drive others who do not have a reporting line to you as much of what you’ll need to deliver in your own will need support from multiple departments and portfolios across Version 1
- You’ll have some project management skills or as a minimum be a proven organiser and shaper with a history of delivering on time and to budget.
Version 1 UK & I Strategic Talent Manager
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: March 16, 2021
Looking for and accepting a position at a new company is usually a step in a person’s career that brings a certain amount of change. A new business usually means new people, new tools, processes,...
Blog: March 15, 2021
Version 1 is celebrating being recognised officially as a Great Place to Work in Ireland for the tenth consecutive year. Great things really did come in threes for us at the 19th annual Great Place...
Version 1 is thrilled to announce that we have been listed as one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Ireland for 2021, an accolade we have now received for a remarkable 10 years in a row! We were honoured...