Version 1 Dublin
Java Technical Lead
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
In this brand-new role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a newly formed Cloud and Digital Centre of Excellence focused on designing and implementing solutions which incorporate best of breed technologies, frameworks, and best practices. This provides a unique opportunity for people who are passionate about technology and have a deep commitment to code quality and best practices to build something special and make a real difference to our business and to our customer’s business. You will get to work with some of the brightest people in our organisation who are industry thought leaders and build cutting-edge solutions. It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to make the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights. This is a techie’s dream role!
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Architecting software solutions using the Microsoft Azure stack primarily, with scope to also work with open-source technologies and AWS / Oracle cloud
- Helping to build and lead an effective, cross-functional squad practising agile ways of working (Scrum, DevSecOps, Design Sprints) in tight collaboration with local and remote teams.
- Making decisions about the appropriate use of the stack (including Java, Logic Apps, Service Fabric, Data Factory, Data Flow, etc.) to deliver maintainable, extensible outcomes for our customers while avoiding technology proliferation.
- Active participation within a highly collaborative tribe of software engineering professionals, ensuring alignment on standards and ways of working.
- Support and advocate Centre of Excellence to wider org
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to Excellence
- Mentoring other team members in clean code/TDD
- Setting the standard for excellence in code quality
- Developing effective logical, conceptual and physical designs in conjunction with the wider IT development and support team
- Working with business analysts and customer to elicit requirements & assist in developing design specifications
- Presenting designs to relevant stakeholders including customer
- Ensuring design solutions meet service and operational requirements
- Engaging with the software development lifecycle, providing design and technical coaching to project business analysts, solutions architects, development teams, test management and project managers
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or similar
- Core Java with recent experience on Java 8/11
- Spring Boot
- Core Spring
- Spring Security
- 4 years’ experience writing RESTful Webservices
- Experience working with Microservice Architectures
- AWS or Azure
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: March 16, 2021
Looking for and accepting a position at a new company is usually a step in a person’s career that brings a certain amount of change. A new business usually means new people, new tools, processes,...
Blog: March 15, 2021
Version 1 is celebrating being recognised officially as a Great Place to Work in Ireland for the tenth consecutive year. Great things really did come in threes for us at the 19th annual Great Place...
Version 1 is thrilled to announce that we have been listed as one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Ireland for 2021, an accolade we have now received for a remarkable 10 years in a row! We were honoured...