Version 1 Redditch
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Platform Consultant
Version 1 is ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK & we have just ranked in the Top 10 Best places to work in Ireland for the 10th year running !
On top of this we won 2 specials awards: Version 1 was welcomed to the Great Place to Work Institution's 'Best Workplace Laureates'. & we won the 'Inspiring Award for 2021' for our #ShadowBoard initiative.
We are the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud. You will join a 1400 strong, €140m/£127m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this last year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
Version 1 is currently recruiting for an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Platform Consultant for our Enterprise Resource Planning practice in Belfast, Birmingham, Edinburgh, London or elsewhere in the UK. You will have the opportunity to join a large organisation with the feel of a start-up, and experience accelerated progression due to the predicted growth in the practice.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, building, testing, automating, and supporting the migration of workloads to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Producing designs that are scalable, resilient, efficient, secure, and cost-effective
- Contributing to technical decisions and direction in a collaborative team environment, including architecture, estimation, product planning, user story/requirement creation.
- Implementing modern Continuous Delivery processes for releasing software and infrastructure to production.
- Applying industry best-practices and patterns across infrastructure and application components e.g. security, elasticity, performance.
- Using public cloud platform(s) to solve business problems
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration and setup)
- Applying automated configuration management, infrastructure provisioning and container orchestration tooling to solve business problems.
- Supporting pre-sales activities including discovery & design workshops and pricing estimation activities.
OCI Solution Architect Certification (Professional preferred)
Experience migrating workloads to OCI (Azure, AWS in addition to OCI is desirable)
Experience designing, provisioning and supporting OCI components (VCNs, Compute and Database families, FastConnect, PaaS Services)
- Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tooling including:
- CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
- Exposure to Agile project delivery
- Familiarity with ‘Applications Unlimited’ (E-Business Suite, Peoplesoft, JD Edwards) technology stacks is desirable.
This is an opportunity to join one of the fastest-growing ERP Consultancies in Ireland & the UK.
All roles are currently remote.
Going forward this role will involve both client site travel and some remote working. Expenses will be covered.
Suzanne Whelan,Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement located at:
Please note: We have an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: March 16, 2021
Looking for and accepting a position at a new company is usually a step in a person’s career that brings a certain amount of change. A new business usually means new people, new tools, processes,...
Blog: March 15, 2021
Version 1 is celebrating being recognised officially as a Great Place to Work in Ireland for the tenth consecutive year. Great things really did come in threes for us at the 19th annual Great Place...
Version 1 is thrilled to announce that we have been listed as one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Ireland for 2021, an accolade we have now received for a remarkable 10 years in a row! We were honoured...