Version 1 Derry
Cloud Migration Engineer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world-class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to our continued expansion, we’re searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Microsoft Azure Migration Lead to join our Digital and Cloud Platform Practice. A permanent position, you will lead a team delivering large scale Datacentre migration services to Microsoft Azure for key Version 1 customers.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in successful Azure migration projects. These projects should display a mix of IaaS and PaaS migrations to delivery cost effective Azure migrations.
You will be an excellent communicator, with ability to communicate technical designs, issues and resolutions clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will have a strong experience with Azure migration tools such as Azure Site Recovery, Azure Migrate, Azure Data Migration Assistant and 3rd party migration tools.
You will ideally have at least 5 years’ experience bringing a proven delivery track record for enterprise level infrastructure and security projects with more recent focus on Microsoft Cloud platforms. You will be able to effectively collaborate with others, obtain buy-in for your delivery approaches and manage your own priorities and performance to deliver high quality, highly performant solutions to our customers.
- Migration of Version 1 Customer workloads to Microsoft Azure
- Customer collaboration on migration and discovery workshops and documentation
- Designing Microsoft Azure Solutions across multiple technologies such as Microsoft, Open Source and Oracle.
- Migration planning exercises and effort estimation for projects/ proposals
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration and setup).
- Assisting in providing post migration support for customers
- Provide effective knowledge transfer and upskilling to relevant customer personnel to ensure an appropriate level of future self-sufficiency
- Transition of projects to Version 1 Managed Services teams or customer support teams.
It is essential that you have strong, in-depth and demonstrable hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such as Azure AD, ADFS, Azure AD Connect, Conditional Access, Azure AD Proxy and Active Directory Domain Services.
- Experience in Windows Virtual Desktop
- Administration experience in Windows Servers and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience in Azure Site Recovery
- Experience in Azure Migrate
- Experience in Microsoft MAP Toolkit
- Strong experience in Azure Data Migration Assistant
- Strong experience in some of the following DevOps tooling:
- Azure ARM, Terraform, PowerShell, DSC, Azure Automation,
- Understand of Application Architecture
- Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools
- Experience in Azure Data Migration Assistant
- Understanding of Database technology, both Microsoft & Oracle
- Microsoft Azure Platform as a Service products such as Azure SQL, WebApps, AppServices and FunctionApp
- Experienced in the design and delivery of enterprise level Highly Available solutions.
- Experience in non Microsoft Public Cloud platforms such as AWS, Oracle or Google Cloud
- Microsoft Azure and 3rd party Security experience such as, Checkpoint, Fortigate, Cisco ASA, Azure NSG, Azure WAF and Azure Security Centre.
- Automated deployment of APIs via API Management / App Service and serverless solutions (Azure Functions, Docker etc)
- Knowledge of Web Applications such as IIS, Apache, JBOSS, Tomcat, Weblogic & WebSphere
- Any experience of working in highly dynamic teams using agile methodologies under demanding timescales.
- Experience of collaborating and knowledge transfer to mixed customer and supplier teams whilst delivering to agreed timelines would be highly beneficial.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: March 16, 2021
Looking for and accepting a position at a new company is usually a step in a person’s career that brings a certain amount of change. A new business usually means new people, new tools, processes,...
Blog: March 15, 2021
Version 1 is celebrating being recognised officially as a Great Place to Work in Ireland for the tenth consecutive year. Great things really did come in threes for us at the 19th annual Great Place...
Version 1 is thrilled to announce that we have been listed as one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Ireland for 2021, an accolade we have now received for a remarkable 10 years in a row! We were honoured...