Version 1 Remote, United Kingdom
AWS Cloud Consultant
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
- Support multiple clients across multiple technologies
- Mentoring of junior team members.
- Consult with customers and across a cross-team environment.
- Documentation and development of designs, processes and procedures.
- Work within a structured ITIL / ISO20000 IT Service Management environment.
- Works directly with client to gather requirements, design solutions, build proof of concepts and implement solutions.
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills arising from customer facing and on-site experience.
- Very strong verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Project management skills with experience in stakeholder and communications management.
- Escalation point for major incidents/investigations.
- 5+ years working in IT
- Strong, first-hand experience of designing, building and supporting Enterprise solutions.
- Experience in the full product lifecycle including: Concept generation, Design, Build and Support essential.
- Interpreting, understanding and solving complex technical problems/incidents
- Managed Services/Consultancy/project delivery experience with client facing background
- Strong experience across multi-server, stand alone and clustered solutions.
- Proven experience working with cloud technologies. E.g. AWS/Azure/OCI
- Excellent troubleshooting skills required.
- AWS Solutions Architect or SysOps Admin Certification essential
- Infrastructure as Code automation experience essential: Terraform, Ansible, Cloudformation etc
- AWS core services, including: Compute and Networking, Storage and CDN, Database on EC2/RDS, Application Services, Deployment and Management
- Network technologies as they relate to AWS networking, including: Route53 and load balancing, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), and AWS Direct Connect
- Strong technical Linux experience - Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) preferred
- Good broad technical knowledge across Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Oracle Cloud etc)
- ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Strong experience in Cloud deployments (Public & Private)
- Disaster recovery and site replication solutions experience
- DevOps and automation experience.
- NextGen monitoring experience would be valuable, e.g. DataDog, NewRelic etc
- GitHub experience
- Any private cloud experience would be valued. E.g. VMWare, HyperV, HP-UX
- Webserver (e.g. Nginx, Apache)
- Experience on SAN/Storage solutions
- Exposure to ServiceNow
- Networking concepts including routing tables, access control lists, firewalls, NAT, HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, OSI model
- Other Public Cloud experience such as Oracle Cloud.
- Experience with backup technologies (e.g. Veeam, Data Protector, CommVault)
**Candidates must be eligible for UK Security Clearance
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: March 16, 2021
Looking for and accepting a position at a new company is usually a step in a person’s career that brings a certain amount of change. A new business usually means new people, new tools, processes,...
Blog: March 15, 2021
Version 1 is celebrating being recognised officially as a Great Place to Work in Ireland for the tenth consecutive year. Great things really did come in threes for us at the 19th annual Great Place...
Version 1 is thrilled to announce that we have been listed as one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Ireland for 2021, an accolade we have now received for a remarkable 10 years in a row! We were honoured...