Version 1 Redditch
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 have a great reputation for Digital Applications delivery. Due to our growth trajectory, we are now seeking a number of talented, driven and ambitious Mid-level Java Developers to help drive innovation and product delivery within one of our key clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for an Java Developer to not only work with some of the best developers in the emerging digital technologies , delivering critical new applications and integration solutions but you will also have the opportunity to enhance your skills and development expertise.
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering across a range of Java technologies across enterprise level projects/programmes and have experience with the Spring framework.
It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to make the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights.
Version 1 designs, implements and manages a range of enterprise level Java and digital solutions on behalf of our clients. We are searching for a motivated, driven person with a strong fit to our Core values and with the ability to apply their technical knowledge and experience to our client’s programme of work and teams.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of cutting edge Distributed Systems and API’s. You will be working with a range of technical experts as well as with knowledge leaders from the business, giving you exposure to an industry sector embracing innovation and evolution.
The role will be based at our Edinburgh office with travel twice a month to London for a day.
You will be responsible for:
- Owning the design and delivery of your code from cradle to grave.
- Peer reviewing your team mate’s code
- Being a key player in this client’s Digital Transformation – both implementing changes to existing APIs and developing new ones to integrate with the latest digital stack.
- Developing new and be-spoke features as well as working on large scale integrations
- Working in an Agile Scrum environment where you will be challenged and motivated
- Calling out risks if you spot them in a particular approach or design.
- Technical design experience.
- Hands on Java development experience, in particular with Spring
- You will have worked in an Agile Scrum environment and be comfortable with fast-paced Sprint Cycles
- Previous experience building web service API’s is key for this role – Apigee is the preferred technology
- Any experience with Microsoft Azure is a nice to have – this is the direction we are going
Additional skills we are looking for include:
- Spring Framework
- Bash Scripting
- Oracle PL/SQL or any other SQL technologies
- Weblogic 12c or other container technologies
- Unit testing with Mockito
- Integration testing with FitNesse, Spock or similar
If you are up to the challenge, tick most of the boxes above and looking to be part of a technically strong and highly motivated team, then get in touch - we’d love to speak with you.
About Version 1
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer’s' businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: March 16, 2021
Looking for and accepting a position at a new company is usually a step in a person’s career that brings a certain amount of change. A new business usually means new people, new tools, processes,...
Blog: March 15, 2021
Version 1 is celebrating being recognised officially as a Great Place to Work in Ireland for the tenth consecutive year. Great things really did come in threes for us at the 19th annual Great Place...
Version 1 is thrilled to announce that we have been listed as one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Ireland for 2021, an accolade we have now received for a remarkable 10 years in a row! We were honoured...