Version 1 Dublin
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1’s Software Development Center (SDC) is built on the core principles of Version 1. Our expertise is deep rooted in the knowledge base built over several years. In keeping with Version 1’s core value of ‘Customer First’, SDC provides a full range of IT services to clients along with resources based in various locations in both Ireland and the UK.
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 is more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Come and join the leadership team that will drive exponential growth. Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Due to our expansion plans, we are looking to hire a Bid & Proposal Manager to work in our Ireland Digital and Cloud team to support and develop our already strong footing in the Ireland and UK market. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to develop their career learning how to sell and deliver technology solutions.
The fast-paced role will be part of a successful, growing team focused on opportunities with current and potential customers. The team is made up of senior Practice personnel, portfolio directors and account managers, who manage new opportunities and/or lead on responses to large tenders/proposals across new and existing customers.
You will be able to work on multiple projects at one time and will be have several elements to their role:
- Support large sales opportunities developed both directly via our Commercial team or through our strategic technology partnerships.
- Potentially lead on smaller sales opportunities/bids independently or with oversight from a senior person in the team.
- Over time, the role may expand to include account management of specific customer accounts and partner engagements with Microsoft, AWS and Oracle depending on the level of experience and/or career aspirations of the successful candidate.
You will manage, support and deliver on the production of bids and tender responses. You will need to work across account managers, project managers, sales executives and delivery consultants to ensure the best quality bids are prepared and submitted and managed; this will include preparation of documentation, tender responses, case studies and undertaking demonstrations during the selection process for large consulting project or managed services bids.
The role will ideally be based out of our Dublin office; however, we will also consider candidates who wish to be based at any of our other offices e.g., Cork.
- Liaise with other members of the team to support both small and large sales opportunities, including leading on and supporting bids, preparation and management of all bid and sales materials.
- Provide input to the pre-qualification process to ensure all customer sales opportunities and bids are fully qualified and identified as winnable.
- Preparation and delivery of Prospect and Client presentations of Version 1 propositions to customers and at various Version 1 customer events.
- Liaise with Partner Account Managers and Sales Support teams to ensure successful delivery of presentations and tender responses to Prospects and Clients.
Support all levels of the Bid process lifecycle, including:
- Bid Planning and Production.
- Produce and maintain bid brief and ensure win strategy is reflected in answers.
- Identify resource requirements.
- Act as a single point of contact for bid team.
- Maintain Bid Site/Documentation.
- Drive commercial review approvals process.
- Edit contributions to bid.
- Collate and maintain risk registers and manage risk process in accordance with company standards and delivery governance.
- Monitor and report bid and production costs.
- Produce post bid review and handover documentation.
- Contribution to bid strategies to maximise our chance of winning.
- Working with the team to develop pipeline through proactive Lead Generation and Market Research in current and prospective customers.
- Strong written skills in order to complete tender and internal documentation to a high standard – you must have excellent Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills (Graphic Design skills also beneficial). You will be highly attentive to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with a focus on consistent quality. You will be capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management, while recognising and flagging issues outside area of own expertise
- Experience of working in a marketing, communications or business development environment.
- Ideally, understanding or experience in working in IT Services and technology solutions environment (rather than product).
- Influencing skills: the ability to get people at multiple levels to deliver what you need on time and with high quality, even though they won’t report to you will be critical to the success of the role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage at all levels across an organisation internally and externally.
- Experience of building good customer relationships.
- Good numerical skills.
Version 1 Senior Talent Team Lead
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: March 16, 2021
Looking for and accepting a position at a new company is usually a step in a person’s career that brings a certain amount of change. A new business usually means new people, new tools, processes,...
Blog: March 15, 2021
Version 1 is celebrating being recognised officially as a Great Place to Work in Ireland for the tenth consecutive year. Great things really did come in threes for us at the 19th annual Great Place...
Version 1 is thrilled to announce that we have been listed as one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Ireland for 2021, an accolade we have now received for a remarkable 10 years in a row! We were honoured...