Version 1 Belfast
SQL Server DBA
Department: Managed Services
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Version 1 is looking for an experienced consultant to join its Managed Services team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing and supporting Database Server solutions for mid to enterprise level organisations. We are looking for an individual who enjoys a fast pace, can prioritise workload, and is eager to gain industry experience. You will have solid background in Microsoft or Oracle technologies.
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to progress their existing skills with a leading Microsoft Gold Partner and Oracle Platinum Partner working with cutting edge technologies.
You'll work within a team of experienced Oracle and SQL Server DBA/Developers, exercising and developing the wide range of necessary skills that distinguishes a rounded consultant:
- The technical ability to problem solve complex issues.
- The flexibility to move between clients, projects, technologies.
- A collaborative team member.
- Develops understanding of clients business, applications and users.
- Effectively communicate technical issues to business users.
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement continuous service improvements.
- Client facing skills.
- SQL Server or Oracle Database Administration and Support.
- Preparing the inventory, preparing and proving procedures, looking at pre-requisites, training and identifying the migration approach for migrations to be conducted.
- Full migration lifecycle activities including, but not limited to detailed analysis, design, development, test, user acceptance test support and production implementation.
- Identifying and correcting performance issues, reviewing systems and error logs, storage management, backups, job monitoring, optimization efforts, data integrity analysis and resolving database contention issues.
- The migration of pre-production and production database services.
Where application remediation is required, the migration of development and/or system test database services.
- 2-5 years minimum Data base experience in Oracle or SQL Server environments.
- Good performance tuning and optimization skills.
- Solid experience with disaster recovery methods and capacity planning.
- Worked in a large database environment.
- Some data modelling experience.
- Experience with third party backup and monitoring tools.
- Oracle or SQL Server clustering, replication and log shipping an advantage.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, partitioning and statistics
- T-SQL, SQL, SSIS Oracle RDBMS 12c Oracle RAC Red Hat Linux skills would be good to have.
- Mix of DBA and Developer skills an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle complex change and prioritize key activities.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Specialist
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: March 16, 2021
Looking for and accepting a position at a new company is usually a step in a person’s career that brings a certain amount of change. A new business usually means new people, new tools, processes,...
Blog: March 15, 2021
Version 1 is celebrating being recognised officially as a Great Place to Work in Ireland for the tenth consecutive year. Great things really did come in threes for us at the 19th annual Great Place...
Version 1 is thrilled to announce that we have been listed as one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Ireland for 2021, an accolade we have now received for a remarkable 10 years in a row! We were honoured...