Version 1 Dublin
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Tripti Lal Chandwani
“Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.”
An exciting opportunity for a Java Developer to not only work with some of the best developers in the emerging digital technologies, delivering critical new applications and integration solutions but you will also have the opportunity to enhance your skills and development expertise.
Version 1 designs, implements, and manages a range of enterprise-level Java and digital solutions on behalf of our clients. We are searching for a motivated, driven person with a strong fit to our core values and with the ability to apply their technical knowledge and experience to our client’s program of work and teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience delivering across a range of Java technologies across enterprise-level projects/programs and have experience with the Spring framework.
It is a position with excellent career prospects, suitable to someone looking to make the next step up in their career and that is seeking to work with new technologies and drive our ambitious development team members to new heights.
Key Responsibilities :-
- Coding new developments and/or enhancements.
- Design applications, systems, or processes.
- Quality assures program specifications and code.
- Create functional design documentation.
- Adhere to code quality and unit testing standards
- Identify and implement integration tests, automating tests where appropriate.
- Investigate and manage complex Live Incidents.
- Coordinate or escalate defects (SIRs) / problems.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis.
- Coordinate team or release activities.
- Create and demonstrate prototypes/screen designs.
- Peer reviewing code changes completed by developers.
- Minimum expereince of 3-5 years in Java Development.
- Preferred experience in the following skills :-
- Web services
- SQL, Relational Databases
- Learning ability, including integrating information and the ability to judge and to evaluate.
- The capacity to connect, including working together or teamwork, presentation skills, networking skills, and empathy.
- The capacity to structure, including planning, organizing, and simplifying information.
- Knowledge/experience of delivery methodologies, application development lifecycle, and delivery models.
- Technical solution design skills determine the optimum solution using the correct blend of technologies to meet a set of defined requirements.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid Methodologies.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Our DNA provides a clear understanding of our Strength in Balance; who we are and what truly makes Version 1 a great place to work, including our Mission, our Vision, The Version 1 Difference and our Core Values.Discover our DNA
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
UK, 2019 & 2020
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: March 16, 2021
Looking for and accepting a position at a new company is usually a step in a person’s career that brings a certain amount of change. A new business usually means new people, new tools, processes,...
Blog: March 15, 2021
Version 1 is celebrating being recognised officially as a Great Place to Work in Ireland for the tenth consecutive year. Great things really did come in threes for us at the 19th annual Great Place...
Version 1 is thrilled to announce that we have been listed as one of the Top 10 Best Workplaces in Ireland for 2021, an accolade we have now received for a remarkable 10 years in a row! We were honoured...