Version 1 Dublin
Senior Integration Architect
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 1300+ strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
We are looking for a Senior Integration Architect that will take charge of all integration activities for our operating environment (OE), comprising of a BSS/OSS currently being designed and implemented on AWS. OE is a full cloud native implementation supporting the 24/7/365 operation of a layer two fibre network. At the heart of OE is a microservice architecture constructed using Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service and functions as a service using AWS Lambda.
These activities will drive the growth and adoption of an automated operational environment which will be critical in helping us as we connect rural Ireland with FTTH. As a wholesale provider of fibre services, we expose an integration layer to Retail service providers via an application gateway. Successful candidates will jump straight into this ongoing project and take an architectural leadership role.
This role will require hands on software skills as it is necessary to work closely with our agile development teams. The ideal candidate is passionate about new technologies and architecture and keeps current with trends in the cloud platform and infrastructure space.
- Serve as Senior Integration Architect by providing technical guidance to other team members for the design, implementation and support of our BSS/OSS on AWS platform.
- Coordinate deployments for large scale environments between internal teams and external vendors.
- Establish management and governance procedures for the client and Vendors to ensure AWS microservices integration standards for APIs have consistent quality and security at the core of the platform. (Set up and Chair API Governance)
- Work with other Solution Architects on the client’s architecture design, primarily concerning integration and infrastructure in an Agile AWS context.
- Develop and maintain a library of deployable, tested, and documented automation design scripts, processes, and procedures for ensuring data consistency within our operating environment.
- Enable DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as EKS, lambda’s.
- Assist in the development of technology roadmaps and end-of-life technology plans.
- Review product work, including detailed code, from other team members for approval to deploy; provide technical feedback as needed.
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions or escalation to service owners!
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Good consultative, communication, team player and analytical skills are a must, as you will be regularly interacting between various teams which are distributed across Europe.
- Good technical leadership skills and relevant experience working with other highly technical resources through adopting new technologies while also maintaining highly available, mission critical systems.
- Possess deep technical knowledge and extensive experience with complex, IT environments including applications, middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations as well as have a solid understand of cloud services, cloud native architectures and application delivery models.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of container and microservices technologies and related architectures
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing, technical individuals.
- Hands on experience with agile, devops and continuous integration / continuous delivery.
- Demonstrate ability to support cloud architecture recommendations and decisions with research and reasoning.
- Hands-on experience with: CloudFormation, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Github
- Experience with architecting, implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24x7 availability.
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and client/server systems
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.), or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 7 or more years’ experience in IT systems
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification or higher strongly desired; Relevant industry certifications
Version 1 Talent Aquistion
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...