Version 1 Dublin
Business Development Director
Department: Sales & Customer Success
In an age of digital disruption, the conversation in enterprise business has turned to Digital Transformation. Digitising the enterprise enables companies to gain competitive advantage, improve time to market and customer experience.
At Version 1, we see Cloud and Digital as belonging to a continuum of services that drive our customers’ Digital Transformation programmes. Our services span Enterprise Workload Cloud Migrations through to UX-led Application Modernisation across both Commercial and Public Sectors.
Version 1 has grown significantly in the last five years in particular and will continue to do so. This is an opportunity to join an expanding business of 1400 people, with deepening relationships with our technology partners and a number of successful large implementations in both public and private sector and a growing customer base.
We are looking for a senior Business Development Director with a pedigree in Professional Services Sales to Enterprise scale customers to join our team in Ireland. The role has a strong entrepreneurial flavour and will suit an individual who has the drive to carve out their own ‘business within a business’ while having the support of a successful sales and marketing team behind them. The role will especially suit a person who has previously built a successful sales career at a Systems Integrator/Managed Services provider through the development of partner channels (e.g. AWS, Microsoft, Oracle or complimentary Service/Solution Partners) as a route to market. You will naturally be a self-starter with the ability to work on your own initiative with minimum direction.
- Whilst you will be assigned a number of existing Enterprise customers to develop, your primary responsibility will be to ‘land and expand’ new Enterprise customers who are ready to drive digital and systems transformation using the power of digital & cloud through:
- Working with internal Version 1 experts in the areas of Digital & Cloud Transformation and Application Modernisation.
- Working with Version 1 partners, to create fresh and effective go to market campaigns, e.g. Legacy Application Modernisation, Digital Transformation Acceleration, Cloud Migration, ML enabled Analytics etc.
- Whilst digital & cloud will be your primary focus, should you identify other opportunities in your accounts, e.g. ERP, you can also progress such deals through to conclusion.
- Preparation and delivery of presentations and solution proposals and the active management of your forecast and the full sales cycle for each deal you deliver.
- Contract negotiation covering consulting services, fixed price development and managed services contracts.
- As you build your portfolio of customers, we would anticipate that this will create meaningful relationships with your commercial counterparts in our strategic partners. Such relationships if fostered correctly will lead to further new business opportunity for you and Version 1.
- 10 - 15 years’ experience in IT professional services sales with a demonstrable track record in selling services related to at least one of digital transformation, application modernisation and cloud services.
- A demonstrable track record of sales with achievement of at least 3 out of the last 4 years on/exceeding target.
- Personal Attributes:
- Massive drive and a genuine, authentic commitment to our 6 Core Values.
- Ability to absorb our customer success stories and communicate them as proof points.
- Ability to ‘sell internally’ by building relationships of mutual respect with your counterparts in our delivery practices, our partner team and marketing team.
- Customer focused with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with an agreeable phone manner.
- Ambitious, confident, enthusiastic individual with a “can-do” and “roll my sleeves up when needed” attitude.
UK&I Strategic Talent Manager
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: May 4, 2021
Version 1 was honoured last week to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, placing 20th in the 2021 listings. The annual Great Place to Work-Certified™ benchmark study...
News: April 29, 2021
Version 1 was honoured today to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, ranking in the top 20 again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued...