Version 1 Knutsford
Cloud Optimisation Consultant
Department: SAM & Licencing
Version 1 is ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK & we have just ranked in the Top 10 Best places to work in Ireland for the 10th year running !
On top of this we won 2 specials awards: Version 1 was welcomed to the Great Place to Work Institution's 'Best Workplace Laureates'. & we won the 'Inspiring Award for 2021' for our #ShadowBoard initiative.
You will join a 1400 strong, €140m/£126m revenue business. Career development opportunities abound, working in new geographies across new industry sectors and with new customers.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
If you’re passionate about innovation and love working in an environment where you can constantly improve, adopt new technologies to drive business results and be at the vanguard of the next generation of business revolution, then Version 1 could be the place for you!
Our Cloud Optimisation Consultant will be focused on the design, development and implementation of services that deliver financial, commercial and technical control of our public cloud environments. In this role you will Inform, optimise & operate as the lead to drive our growth as a cloud first organisation helping our customers realise the true value of their public cloud investments. Collaborating with our internal Digital & Cloud teams, Finance, Legal and Commercial Services as well as with our Cloud Operations and Cloud Transformation teams to deliver a class leading set of FinOps services.
You will own the development responsibilities for the methods, tools and processes we have in place internally and for those we recommend to our customers. The overriding goal to be optimisation on all fronts for public cloud. You will guide best practice on the use of RI's, spot pricing, geo-pricing, tools, automation, threshold management to leverage best practices for running efficient cloud solutions.
- Designs, develops and maintains the Version 1 FinOps methodologies, processes and tools
- Consults at all levels with Version1 customers to deliver a world class cloud computing and FinOps service.
- Educates, collaborates and leads thought on FinOps to our customers and fellow practitioners
- Performs complex work in adherence with IT Service Management best practices.
- Identifies, drives and assists in the implementation of opportunities to standardise operational environments.
- Drives complex processing improvements through Optimisation, enhancements and implementation of new operational features and functions.
- Executes data-driven decisions by understanding operational metrics through analysing operational data to identify trends and potential problems.
- Creates and analyses operational data and makes continuous improvement recommendations.
- Delivers operational overview documentation and metrics with insights and analysis.
- Maintains operational knowledge of industry platforms, technologies and applications.
- Conducts research of technology solutions.
This is an opportunity to join a growing SAM practice and lead the new Cloud optimisation offering and framework we are looking to implement. We are looking for someone with key knowledge/experience of SAM, Licensing. Commercial Ops, Procurement and/or Legal will all be beneficial. You should have six years or more of technology experience developing and implementing cloud solutions. Consulting experience is a bonus.
- License/Certification/Designation: Technology certifications or designation are not required, but encouraged (i.e.: AWS, Azure, scripting and development languages, delivery methods, security).
- Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Strong communication skills, knowledge of planning, management and execution of Accelerated Solutions Deliver framework, Information Security acumen. Influencing, negotiating and priority setting needed. Insurance/financial services industry knowledge a plus
- Understanding of Infrastructure and Operations landscape with a focus on public cloud (AWS, Azure, OCI) technology and how it differs from traditional computing
- Experience using and training users in one or more cloud management tools, cloud cost Optimisation, and an understanding of Amazon EC2 prices (Savings Plans, RIs, Spot, On Demand)
- FinOps Certified Practitioner preferred
- AWS & Azure certifications preferred
- IAC/Coding experience a bonus (Python, YAML, JSON, etc)
Please note we are unable to process UK work permits at this time.
This role can be based from any of our offices; Knutsford, Birmingham, London, Belfast or Dublin when possible, remote working until then. It will always involve a mix of client site and home working.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement on the website.
Please note: Version 1 has an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Please watch our webpage here: Oracle & Microsoft Cloud Licensing | Version 1
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: May 4, 2021
Version 1 was honoured last week to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, placing 20th in the 2021 listings. The annual Great Place to Work-Certified™ benchmark study...
News: April 29, 2021
Version 1 was honoured today to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, ranking in the top 20 again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued...