Version 1 Dublin
Senior Java Developer
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Tripti Lal Chandwani
“Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.”
Version 1 has a great reputation for Digital application delivery. Due to our growth trajectory, we are now seeking a number of talented, driven and ambitious Java Developers to help drive innovation and product delivery within one of our key clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Java Developer not only to work with some of the best developers in this area, delivering critical new applications and integration solutions but you will also have the opportunity to enhance your skills and development expertise.
Our client’s systems are being completely re-imagined from a monolithic architecture to a loosely coupled mini/microservice-based system. This is a greenfield development, using Java 11, the latest stable technologies for containerization such as Red Hat OpenShift, full CI/CD pipelines, and an Agile Scrum approach to delivery.
More insights are available on our Java Blog - https://www.version1.com/lets-talk-about-java
As a senior member of the team you will be responsible for:
- Mentoring other team members in clean code/TDD
- Setting the standard for excellence in code quality
- Helping the team technically with delivery using technologies new to them
- Identify opportunities to add value to the customer
- Developing effective logical, conceptual and physical designs in conjunction with the wider IT development and support team
- Working with business analysts and customer to elicit requirements & assist in developing design specifications
- Presenting designs to relevant stakeholders including customer
- Evaluating and recommending external products and services that may meet the customer's requirements.
- Identifying technology trends and deriving relevant IT proposals, including migration strategies.
- Ensuring the designs meet architecture, governance and customer requirements
- Ensuring design solutions meet service and operational requirements
- Engaging with the software development lifecycle, providing design and technical coaching to project business analysts, solutions architects, development teams, test management and project managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or similar
The successful candidate will have experience of most of the following:
- Core Java with recent experience on Java 8/11 ( 7years+).
- Spring Boot
- Core Spring
- RedHat OpenShift or Kubernetes
- Red Hat SSO or KeyCloak
- Spring Security
- 4 years’ experience writing RESTful Webservices
- Experience working with Microservice Architectures
- RDBMS experience – Oracle preferred, but demonstrable proficiency with other RDMS is acceptable.
- OpenAPI specifications and documentation (swagger)
- Angular 8 preferred
- Linux (specifically RedHat or CentOS)
- MariaDB or MySQL
- Elastic Stack
If you are up to the challenge, tick most of the boxes above and looking to play a leading part in a highly motivated and driven team, then get in touch - we’d love to speak with you.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: May 4, 2021
Version 1 was honoured last week to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, placing 20th in the 2021 listings. The annual Great Place to Work-Certified™ benchmark study...
News: April 29, 2021
Version 1 was honoured today to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, ranking in the top 20 again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued...