Version 1 Birmingham
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
You will help define and deliver a series of diverse key projects with the team. The role presents an opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst who wants to develop a closer alignment to a customer’s core business.
Version 1 is working close to this client to deliver using Agile delivery a wide variety of projects within the investment management industry.
In this role you will be working within a newly formed client department where part of your role will involve networking, building relationships and developing an understanding of the applications within this business area.
- Arrange and conduct meetings, workshops and presentations for a variety of audiences, demonstrating consistently high-quality communication, elicitation and persuasive skills.
- Scrutinize alternative solutions and make recommendations.
- Document and map complex business processes and solutions using standard procedures, methods and tools
- Identify areas for improvement, specify requirements and implement recommendations for increasing effectiveness of current business processes.
- Perform root cause analysis of problems and work closely with business users to identify and translate their needs into solution designs and systems specifications.
- Produce detailed Business Requirement Specification Documents and liaise with all stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood and signed off prior to development commencement.
- Other duties as needed
- Experienced Business Analyst
- Experience in writing User Stories including acceptance criteria
- Delivery in an Agile experience is needed
- Testing experience including UAT
- Experience of being comfortable working within a client environment is important
- Able to build relationships quickly
- Enthusiastic and motivated in approach
- Good stakeholder engagement experience
- Proven record in producing high-quality Business Requirements Documents, Business Processes Mapping and documentation skills
- Understanding of investment management
Before you apply to our Business Analyst need here are some of the benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for course relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events, remote party event and Christmas parties that are now online!
Version 1 is now Digital First meaning remote delivery is always the first option and post-COVID travel will be involved in the role.
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: May 4, 2021
Version 1 was honoured last week to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, placing 20th in the 2021 listings. The annual Great Place to Work-Certified™ benchmark study...
News: April 29, 2021
Version 1 was honoured today to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, ranking in the top 20 again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued...