Version 1 Belfast
ERP Finance Support Consultant
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 is ranked as the 6th Best Large Workplace in Tech in the UK & we have just ranked in the Top 10 Best places to work in Ireland for the 10th year running !
On top of this we won 2 specials awards: Version 1 was welcomed to the Great Place to Work Institution's 'Best Workplace Laureates'. & we won the 'Inspiring Award for 2021' for our #ShadowBoard initiative.
Version 1 is the UK & Ireland’s premier Oracle partner with a track record that extends back to our formation in 1996. Our expert team has unrivalled specialisation across the entire stack delivered through an expert team of Oracle Certified Professionals.
We are a market leader in Oracle ERP and HCM Applications consulting, implementation and support services across all industry verticals, on-premise and Software as a Service in the Cloud. You will join a 1500 strong, €140m/£126m revenue business which is committed to Oracle ERP and HCM applications through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly expanding ERP Practice. We are currently, ERP Partner of the Year and we are proud to have won 7 Gold awards out of 7 nominations at this year's virtually held OUG Partner awards.
This is an exciting learning opportunity for a driven, organized, self-motivated individual to join our Belfast-based Oracle e-Business Suite Functional team, forming part of Version 1’s ERP practice. Delivering on our core values of Excellence and Drive you will work with our existing functional team to develop your own career as an Oracle e-Business Suite Functional Consultant (at least initially). and fulfill any project-level administration tasks as required. Alongside this development, you will be responsible for fulfilling a range of project-level and client-level administration tasks as required, playing a vital role in our ability to maintain our excellent service delivery levels.
The benefits of this role, to you:
- Kick start your career through guidance from a very experienced functional team together for over 6 years, you will benefit from their wealth of knowledge and camaraderie as you develop towards becoming a first-rate Oracle E-Business Suite functional consultant
- Benefit from both on-the-job training alongside formal ‘Oracle provided’ training courses, gaining Oracle certifications as you progress towards ‘Specialist’ status.
- Learn what it takes to work as part of an IT service provider team: core value application, soft skills, client-facing skills, project administration, and service delivery administration requirements, to name just a few.
- Gain exposure (and certification) to IT industry-level tools and methodologies. E.g. Software delivery Lifecycle, ITIL, SCRUM, Agile.
- Work for one of the fastest-growing IT services companies in Western Europe, one that places employee engagement as a strategic measurement of their success.
- You MUST have a desire to develop your career within the IT services industry, beginning with Oracle e-Business Suite.
- Knowledge of the Finance function and associated processes.
- You will display Drive, initiative, organizational skills, pro-activity, and a keenness to learn
- Proven ability with IT systems (bespoke or packages such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to collect, organize, analyze and publish data whilst collecting details of any follow-on activity
- An ability to adapt and adhere to client policies, procedures and deadlines, whilst multi-tasking
- Willingness to operate and progress in areas that are outside of previous experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience in working effectively within a team and of displaying good communication skills.
Preferable but not essential
- Finance or IT related degree or higher education qualification.
- Previous exposure to Oracle e-Business Suite or another ERP
- Previous experience of using/writing SQL queries (or an equivalent language)
For more info please contact me. This is a great opportunity to join our fast-growing Oracle ERP Practice.
This role will be Belfast office-based. Remote working currently but the role will be based permanently in Belfast once we can work on-site again.
Talent Acquisition Manager
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please refer to our Diversity & Inclusion statement on the website.
Please note: Version 1 has an internal recruitment team and does not accept agency candidates. If you want to join the team here at Version 1, get in touch with us directly!
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: May 4, 2021
Version 1 was honoured last week to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, placing 20th in the 2021 listings. The annual Great Place to Work-Certified™ benchmark study...
News: April 29, 2021
Version 1 was honoured today to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, ranking in the top 20 again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued...