Version 1 Bengaluru
Head of SDC Business Planning and Operations
Department: Operations (HR, Finance, Marketing)
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Are you are experienced in Business Planning and Operations and looking for the next challenge? If yes then this role could be the one for you!! Keep Reading!!
We are looking for a numerate dynamic individual who can create the business dashboard landscape that can allow the business to grow quickly and safely so that SDC can deliver on our vision to be a world leader in Customer Success. As a senior member of the SDC management team, you will work closely with your management colleagues to ensure that all aspects of the operation are understood. You will be responsible for defining all of our performance KPIs and for designing how best they are communicated to all stakeholders in Bengaluru and across the Version 1 office network. You will need excellent communication skills to deal with your colleagues across Ireland and the UK. You will bring passion and drive to ensure that the Bengaluru SDC continues to grow as a strategic talent pool for Version 1 globally. You will define the operations strategy for the Bengaluru SDC, and you will leverage your experience of similar roles to create a road map to accommodate our multi-year growth roadmap. You will perform a key role in setting the professional standards for the operation and in creating and expanding centres of excellence for our international business. The role has overall responsibility for ensuring there is excellent quality is delivered; this includes, but is not limited to:
· Resourcing and Delivery:
- Optimisation of SDC performance in the medium to long term by reducing white space and managing ‘black space’ (project bottlenecks due to resource unavailability).
- Involved in resource optimisation across the SDC to maximise GP through the right mix of skills and experience (without increasing risk) by reducing cost and maintaining revenues.
- Manage and track cost and earnings per consultant.
- Track defined performance targets and flag to stakeholders where engagements are off target – e.g. SDC utilisation, team chargeability.
- Ensure that key hiring is prioritised and liaise with WFM and recruitment team to drive outcomes in the required timeframes.
- Clear reporting and updates to key stake holders on current status of recruitment.
- Hold regular resource management forum with key stakeholders to ensure that supply is effectively calibrated with upcoming demand escalating any areas where critical shortages in terms of capacity/capability are likely.
- Act as a point of escalation to adjudicate on resourcing conflicts or to pass for adjudication to Senior Management with full business context.
- Liaising with key members of SDC and maintain required reporting (project, stream leads, practice).
- Following up on periodic timesheet entry, highlighting gaps to improve utilisation, skill matrix for all resources.
- Coordinate with all internal teams to ensure smooth onboarding for new starters in Version 1 and respective projects.
- Be involved on ongoing employee engagement e.g ensuring the SDC team are working closely as an SDC team as well as with the onsite teams, ensuring the teams have job satisfaction, be a point of contact if any individual has issues and liaise with appropriate members of the Practice to assist in resolving.
· Operational Efficiencies:
- Coordinating and Reporting SDC related information to practices
- Operationally manage the process with leads to harvest reusable value add components.
- Coordinate training (external or internal) as needed.
- Highlight to key stakeholders any operational efficiencies that can be gained by a change in process e.g. work with recruiters to improve the interview process, turnaround time and faster lead time.
· Coordinate with HR & Admin team for the below:
- Coordinate engagement activities and CSR initiatives with required teams.
- Work closely with teams on holidays, leave planning, remote working, emergency situations.
- Coordinate with all SDC support staff to run the operations smoothly and assist in managing vendors like maintenance, IT equipment.
- Identifying potential improvements in both support, processes and the systems themselves to deliver Continual Service Improvement and other adhoc tasks as required.
- You will need previous business planning and operations experience, delivering the highest standards.
- Understanding of processes like resource management, operational reporting and Admin is critical along with excellent coordination skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree with excellent communications, both written and verbal.
Bonus points for:
- Planning, and project management skills.
- Experience of delivering excellent quality services.
- Excellent people interaction skills
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: May 4, 2021
Version 1 was honoured last week to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, placing 20th in the 2021 listings. The annual Great Place to Work-Certified™ benchmark study...
News: April 29, 2021
Version 1 was honoured today to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, ranking in the top 20 again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued...