Version 1 Dublin
Finance Business Partner
Department: Operations (HR, Finance, Marketing)
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
Come work in our ever-changing, fast-paced Finance department! Our new Finance Business Partner will be responsible for the preparation of actual, forecast and budget information for the business. The Finance Business Partner will support the business in the delivery of the company strategy and performance. As we grow the group and integrate new acquisitions, our group structure must change and grow as well. Our new Finance Business Partner will help shape this process and maintain the integrity of group information across a variety of accounting and reporting systems.
- Preparation & analysis of monthly accounts with specific focus on Revenue Recognition, WIP and debtors.
- Preparation of monthly forecasts of revenue, costs and GP. Ensure reporting and monitoring of performance against budget.
- Variance analysis on performance against budget and forecast and explanation of variances.
- Monitoring KPI's to improve profitability.
- Provide management information for improved commercial decision making - that is accurate, timely, accessible, insightful and robust.
- Preparation and review of monthly financial reports.
- Support the annual budgeting process.
- Roll out best practice commercial finance practices across financial reporting.
- Role interacts and co-ordinates activities with Accounts, Operations, Marketing, Sales, HR.
- Liaising with and assisting external auditors.
- Assist with any other accounting and finance requirements requested.
- Proactively support and engage in all elements of the finance department.
- Financial system maintenance.
- Assist with integration of acquisitions into group.
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA), PQE an advantage.
- Have strong communication skills and be comfortable interacting with senior management across the Group.
- Be capable of working to deadlines and have the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter, that actively solves issues quickly and pays particular attention to detail.
- Team player who demonstrates strong drive for results, shows leadership, and possesses strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to be professional and approachable to all levels of employees from junior grade to Senior Managers.
- Able to manage and prioritise a busy workload demonstrating sound judgement and consistency with department objectives.
- Always shares information for the good of the business.
- Strong excel skills with knowledge of vlookups, pivot tables and graphs.
- Good understanding of financial systems. Working knowledge of Oracle Netsuite and Adaptive Insights would be an advantage.
- Strong match to our Core Values – Excellence, Drive, Personal Commitment, Customer First, No Ego, Honesty & Integrity
Version 1 Senior Talent Acquisition Team Lead
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: May 4, 2021
Version 1 was honoured last week to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, placing 20th in the 2021 listings. The annual Great Place to Work-Certified™ benchmark study...
News: April 29, 2021
Version 1 was honoured today to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, ranking in the top 20 again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued...