Version 1 Redditch
Technology Principal - Data and Analytics
Department: Digital Development & Architecture
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
We are seeking an experienced Technology Principal (Data & Analytics) to join our UK Data, Digital & Cloud Practice and work alongside our Digital, Data and Platform Practice Leads. Our Practice is expanding rapidly and there will be an opportunity for you to achieve medium and long-term career goals and also shape the Practice’s strategic direction in regard of technology solutions and service lines with a focus on leveraging innovative, cloud-native Data & Analytics technologies.
You are likely currently a heavyweight Data Architect with consultancy exposure, or are currently working within a Technology Principal or Principal Consultant type position.
Your CV shows technology leadership in the definition of best practices & repeatable methodologies in Data Engineering (including Data Storage, ETL, Data Warehousing), BI, Data Visualisation, Data Presentation, Data Analytics & Data Science.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Data Practice Lead, and accountable to a collaborative, cross-functional team including Delivery, Digital and Cloud leaders.
- A Leader of the Data & Analytics Community of Practice.
- Growing the Data & Analytics business by helping customers identify opportunities to deliver improved business outcomes, designing and driving the implementation of those solutions.
- Growing & retaining the Data Engineering, Analytics and BI team(s) with appropriate skills and experience to deliver high quality services to Version1 customers.
- Supporting and developing our people, including learning & development, certification & career development plans
- Leading team in the definition of best practices & repeatable methodologies in Data Engineering (including Data Storage, ETL, Data Warehousing), BI, Data Visualisation, Data Presentation, Data Analytics & Data Science.
- Working with Delivery Managers & Portfolio Directors to proactively improve already high customer satisfaction scores.
- Defining & documenting reference architectures, solution design patterns, solution accelerators for use in Data Solutions.
- Working with colleagues in the commercial team to improve service offerings and drive pre-sales conversations with customers
- Contributing to Sales & Pre-sales activities including proposals, Terms of Reference documents, demonstrations & proof of concept projects.
- Application of technical standards and best practices in solution design & project deliverables with specific focus on Microsoft Technologies (Azure & On-premises).
- Promotion of continuing service improvement opportunities across technical domains.
- Maintaining & sharing knowledge within team of key market trends and application of cutting-edge technologies.
- Preparation and estimation of solution proposals
- Development of Go-to-Market and Service Offering definitions for Data & Analytics.
- Project initiation & technical governance – ensuring appropriate technical standards are applied during project implementation.
- Technical lead for project engagements
- Preparing role definitions & job descriptions for hiring initiatives.
- Candidate selection & interviewing
- Resource Requests, Interviews & hiring.
- Capacity planning & succession planning to manage workload & ensure no key single person dependencies exist.
- Working collaboratively to ensure the success of your peers and your teams.
- Line Management within your domain to build and sustain a high-performance culture within Data & Analytics.
Business Development Manager
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: May 4, 2021
Version 1 was honoured last week to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, placing 20th in the 2021 listings. The annual Great Place to Work-Certified™ benchmark study...
News: April 29, 2021
Version 1 was honoured today to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, ranking in the top 20 again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued...