Version 1 Redditch
Cloud Solution Architect
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
With increasingly vast seas of digital information, smart organisations can today do things that were up to now impossible; spot unseen business trends, prevent diseases, make our roads safer and so on. At Version 1 our Mission is to prove IT can make a real difference. We prove this every day and due to our continued expansion, we are searching for like-minded individuals to help us ‘take it to the next level’.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced loud Solution Architect to join our Digital, Data and Cloud Practice. Version 1 have had continued success working with our customers to deliver value, innovation, and excellence.
This role will be a highly dynamic role with day to day responsibilities working with both technical and business stakeholders to support the delivery of a number of technical projects.
You will be an excellent communicator, with ability to clearly create and communicate technical designs, issues, and resolutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You will ideally have at least 5 years’ experience bringing a proven delivery track record for enterprise customers working across both Azure and AWS cloud platforms. You will be able to effectively collaborate with others, obtain buy-in for your delivery approaches, tools and manage your own priorities and performance to deliver high quality, highly performant solutions to our customers.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Development of predominantly Azure and AWS cloud solutions for our customers
- Defining processes, best practices and tooling standards
You will have:
- Proven consultancy experience.
- Possession of Azure Microsoft and/or AWS certifications.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a broad range of Azure/AWS cloud services (Compute, Storage, Network and Security)
It is essential that you have strong, in-depth, and demonstrable hands-on experience with the following technologies:
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and AWS and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Technical understanding of AWS and Microsoft Identity and Access Management services
- Producing designs that are scalable, resilient, efficient, secure, cost-effective and minimise lock-in.
- Excellent customer-facing communication, presentation skills and technical writing capability for tender responses, bids and proposals.
- Security and Threat control services and best practices in both Azure and AWS cloud offering
It is highly desirable that you have good knowledge and understanding of the following platforms and their deployment:
- Cloud-based monitoring solutions (Azure monitor, App Insights, Log Analytics and Dynatrace)
- Knowledge in Azure Sentinel and AWS Guardduty
- Familiar with Azure Well-Architected Solutions
- Familiar with AWS Well-Architected Solutions
- Any experience of working in highly dynamic teams using agile methodologies under demanding timescales.
- Experience of collaborating and knowledge transfer to mixed customer and supplier teams whilst delivering to agreed timelines would be highly beneficial.
Version 1 Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
News: May 4, 2021
Version 1 was honoured last week to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, placing 20th in the 2021 listings. The annual Great Place to Work-Certified™ benchmark study...
News: April 29, 2021
Version 1 was honoured today to have been named one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for the third time, ranking in the top 20 again this year. Going from strength-to-strength, Version 1 is enjoying continued...