Version 1 Dublin
Department: Managed Services
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
The Portfolio Director role has overall responsibility for Public Sector customer engagements for one or more customers (either resource augmentation engagements or project delivery responsibility) and will direct the team involved in these engagements, to deliver the required outcome, and in so doing, deliver the required Projects operation gross profit (GP) target.
The Portfolio Director will support the delivery team while generally delegating the responsibility for project delivery (timeline, scope, budget, customer expectations) to a Project/Programme Manager. They will retain the accountability for quality outcomes.
The Portfolio Director requires a close working relationship with Commercial (Customer Success, Sales), Workforce Management (Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Human Resources), Finance and Delivery teams. The successful candidate will have strong organisational skills, is comfortable working with numbers and forecasting, and enjoys building relationships within and outside of their team.
The Portfolio Director is responsible for keeping the strategic triangle in balance achievement of agreed GP targets.
- In addition, the role is responsible for the attainment and retention of customer satisfaction during the project engagement where this is an initial/only Version 1 engagement. The Portfolio Director is also charged with the commercial responsibility of creating new opportunities within his/her customer set. This will entail the selling/creation of opportunities to keep Version 1 engaged with the customer ideally in a more strategic value add role. Finally, they are responsible for ensuring a smooth, seamless transition into Support or Managed Services/SRG (as applicable) once the project is complete.
- The Portfolio Director will escalate issues or seek the involvement of appropriate Version 1 stakeholders when required. The Portfolio Director will be expected to exercise sound judgement when the Commercial team need to be involved in a commercial opportunity, when an issue needs to be escalated to the Practice Head or Version 1 director level and when SRG or SDMs need to be involved (consulted/mobilised).
- This role carries with it the implicit obligation to promote and deliver on both the Consulting and Version 1 corporate agenda. As a key part of the management team, the Portfolio Director will champion the Core Values and will support operations (reporting, controls, forecasting inputs and overall governance).
- The Portfolio Director is required to work closely with the Commercial team. They should actively drive demand across their customer base to develop new and existing opportunities. They should also support efforts to challenge for new opportunities. This may include bid work, proposition development, creating reusable collateral and participating in Sales meetings with customers/prospective customers.
- Resource planning and management including roll-on and roll-off of resources, raising RFRs, and ESRs as appropriate.
- Staff Engagement and management (General communication to teams to update and enforce company themes, meeting and supporting team members as required).
- General administration for staff where there’s line-management responsibility (e.g. Quarterly Reviews and various approvals)
- The role may include an element of charged activity where the experience and expertise aligned with customer knowledge make them a suitable trusted advisor.
- The Portfolio Director is a key member of the Management team, collectively leading on growth, customer satisfaction and staff engagement in Ireland.
- On time, on budget (GP) project deliverables for ‘owned’ customer projects (although this responsibility is devolved to the Project/Programme Manager at individual project level).
- Delivery of GP targets.
- Active participation in customer project bids and sales activities to drive and secure consulting demand and the creation of further opportunities, within nominated customer engagements.
- Recruitment/appointment of consultants in cooperation with TechX.
- Attainment and retention of customer satisfaction for engagements, where a given project is the first/only Version 1 engagement. Where this is not the case the Portfolio Director will be expected to be a strong contributor to and influencer of customer satisfaction.
- Drive and Promote Value Add initiatives on customer engagements.
- Overall strong Project Management capabilities – significant Project Management experience as well as some experience at a Delivery /Programme Manger level.
- Strong working knowledge of, and experience of standard PM work practices.
- Key participant in leading and delivering time-pressure bids.
- High commercial awareness and ability to manage, report and analyse GP, EBITDA, margin for your teams.
- Proven ability to attain and retain customers with high satisfaction levels.
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Ability to recruit and retain a strong team of consultants.
- Strong interest in developing PM Capability solutions and methodologies.
Version 1 UK & I Strategic Talent Manager
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...