Version 1 Dublin
Senior Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Architect
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 1300+ strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
Version 1 is currently recruiting for an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) Architect. You will have the opportunity to join a large organisation with the feel of a start-up, and experience accelerated progression due to the predicted growth in the practice.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, building, testing, automating, and supporting the migration of workloads to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- Producing designs that are scalable, resilient, efficient, secure, and cost-effective
- Leading technical decisions and direction in a collaborative team environment, including architecture, estimation, product planning, user story/requirement creation.
- Implementing modern Continuous Delivery processes for releasing software and infrastructure to production.
- Applying industry best-practices and patterns across infrastructure and application components e.g. security, elasticity, performance.
- Using public cloud platform(s) to solve business problems
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration and setup)
- Applying automated configuration management, infrastructure provisioning and container orchestration tooling to solve business problems.
- Supporting pre-sales activities including discovery & design workshops and pricing estimation activities.
OCI Solution Architect Certification (Professional preferred)
Experience migrating workloads to OCI (Azure, AWS in addition to OCI is desirable)
Experience designing, provisioning and supporting OCI components (VCNs, Compute and Database families, FastConnect, PaaS Services)
- Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tooling including:
- CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
- Exposure to Agile project delivery
- Familiarity with ‘Applications Unlimited’ (E-Business Suite, Peoplesoft, JD Edwards) technology stacks is desirable.
Version 1 Talent Aquistion
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...