Version 1 Dublin
Senior Scrum Master
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 is celebrating 25 years in the IT industry this year and we continue to be trusted by global brands to deliver IT solutions that drive customer success.
Version 1 is not just a Microsoft Gold Partner, an AWS Premier Consulting Partner and an Oracle Platform Partner; we are also an award-winning employer and our employees are at the heart of Version 1. We invest in a strong culture of wellness through programs that help our employees create their journey toward optimal wellbeing. This framework is based on the ‘Strength in Balance‘ theme and this seen again in our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging Team motto “Bring Your Difference“.
We are looking for a talented Senior Scrum Master to join our team. In joining our team of consultants, you will play a key part in the continual research, design and development of our clients’ core products. We are looking for someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive technology transformation. The successful candidate should be hands on, able to contribute individually and should have experience within a fast pace dynamic environment.
- Acting as the team’s facilitator – facilitating all team ceremonies & planning events including the daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint review and sprint retrospective, release planning.
- Supporting estimations – guiding the teams to help understand how to estimate features and capabilities and therefore supporting realistic commitments.
- Eliminating impediments – working with external teams to address any blocking issues, so that the teams can remain focused on their defined sprint and release goals. This coordination will include being the representative of the scrum teams at appropriate ceremonies including Scrum of Scrums.
- Supporting the Product Owners – working with the Product Owners to ensure a healthy backlog is available for the teams and guiding the teams in respecting the priorities and scope identified through the backlog.
- Driving the teams progress toward goals – challenging the team norms to improve performance in quality, predictability, flow, and velocity, while supporting team focus on daily, sprint and release goals.
- Building a high-performing team’s – maintaining focus on building team performance, managing challenges, conflicts and growth opportunities as well as protecting the teams from the uncontrolled expansion of work.
- Focusing on ever-improving team dynamics and performance - helping the teams manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and promote opportunities for growth.
- Leading team efforts in continuous improvement – facilitating the teams retrospective to help the teams identify areas of opportunity for improvement and take responsibility for identified actions.
- Promoting agile practices – guiding the teams to comply with client processes and principles with a view to consistently improving the quality and quantity of their deliverable.
- Facilitating preparation and readiness for build demos and releases – assisting the teams in preparation for such activities, including review ceremonies with stakeholders.
- Contribute to the agile CoP – work with our team of Scrum Masters and Agile leads to help bring the latest in Agile thinking and best practices to the centre.
- Deeply knowledgeable in Agile principles and practices.
- A facilitator by nature who ensures meetings are concise and engaging for all and have a clear outcome and purpose.
- Confidence in working with multiple Scrum teams.
- Capable of coaching teams to take ownership of their processes
- Comfortable as a daily coach and periodical advisor.
- Capable of recognising team conflict at an early stage and able to apply different activities to resolve it.
- Confident in mobilising a team towards a common goal, setting clear and realistic expectations and coaching the Product Owner to garner buy-in from stakeholders.
- Eager to collaborate with developers and wider business on delivery of analytics solutions.
- Someone with exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to interact at all levels within a global and diverse organisation.
- Comfortable and composed working in a high-pressure environment to meet deadlines.
- Self-driven, resourceful with ability to prioritise and work independently or in groups.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Agile Product Development or Service Delivery environment.
- At least 2 years’ experience working as a fulltime Scrum Master.
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Experience in driving operational improvements would be a distinct advantage.
- Practical experience with remote working team members.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Agile Certification (CSM, PSM) desirable.
- Working experience with Kanban.
- Working experience with SAFe or similar Agile at scale framework
Senior Talent Acquisition Team Lead
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Career Training and Development
Pathways is the Version 1 career model built around empowering and supporting employees in developing the skills and knowledge they need to grow their careers and deliver great service to our customers.Learn More
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: June 11, 2021
1. Can you give us some background about yourself and your qualifications, and what led you to the career path you’re on now? My background is not typical for someone working in a tech company. After...
Blog: June 1, 2021
I joined Version 1 remotely as a Delivery Manager in November 2020, however, my journey with Version 1 started a little before that. In March 2020, I was unemployed. I had been out of work for a few months...