Version 1 Dublin
Azure Solution Architect
Department: Cloud & Infrastructure
Version 1 proves that IT can make a real difference to our customers’ businesses. We are trusted by global brands to deliver IT services and solutions which drive customer success. Our 1500+ strong team works closely with our technology partners to provide independent advice that helps our customers navigate the rapidly changing world of IT. Our greatest strength is balance in our efforts to achieve Customer Success, Empowered People, and a Strong Organisation, underpinned by a commitment to our values. We believe this is what makes Version 1 different and more importantly, our customers agree. You will get exposure to cutting edge technologies whilst working within a dedicated and expanding team environment, where you can shape your own future with us.
We promote a flexible work environment that empowers our teams to go the extra mile for our clients. We encourage our employees to find new and innovative ways to deliver impact and leverage new technologies.
How we reward you
We pledge "to prove IT can make a real difference to our customer's businesses". We work hard to ensure we understand what our customers need from their technology solutions and then we deliver.
We are an award-winning company who provide world class customer service; we think big and we hire great people. Version 1 are more than just another IT services company - we are leaders in implementing and supporting Oracle, Microsoft and AWS technologies.
Invest in us and we’ll invest in you; if you are driven, committed and up for a challenge, we want to meet you.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Architecture, Implementation and Delivery of Microsoft Azure projects.
- Business Development, Technical Pre-Sales and proposals for key Version 1 customers.
- Collaboration with other Version 1 technical teams such as AWS, Oracle, ERP, Software Asset Management.
- Evolution of existing best practice, and existing Azure landing zone IP, to support delivery of Azure solutions.
- Working within a project management/agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a wider team.
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration, and setup).
- Knowledge transfer and upskilling to relevant customer personnel to ensure an appropriate level of future self-sufficiency.
- Assistance with transition of delivered projects to Version 1 Managed Services teams.
- Experience with a broad range of services from the Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform including Infrastructure and Security related services such as Azure AD, IaaS, Containers, Storage, Networking and Azure Security.
- Experience with enterprise solution shaping and Microsoft Azure Cloud hybrid architecture development including excellent documentation skills.
- Experience with migration of on-premise data center workloads to Azure using Azure Migrate
- Experience with declarative infrastructure as code (e.g. terraform)
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Strong hands-on demonstrable experience with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure PaaS products such as Azure SQL, AppServices, Logic Apps, Functions
- Microsoft Identity and Access Management products such including Azure AD or AD B2C
- Microsoft Azure Operational and Monitoring tools, including Azure Monitor, App Insights and Log Analytics
- Experience with IaC and deployment automation using Terraform, PowerShell, Git, ARM templates.
- Experienced in the design and delivery of enterprise level Highly Available solutions using Azure.
- Experience of refactoring existing application workloads using modern architectural patterns, including micro services and message-driven architectures.
- Experience with automated testing of IaC.
- Experience with the management of cloud resources using GitOps practices.
- Experience with delivery of a cloud control plane and resource governance via Policy as Code (Azure Policy, Hashicorp Sentinel, CloudGuard/Dome9, etc).
- Experience in consulting, supporting multiple clients.
- Possession of advanced Azure certifications such as Solution Architect Expert, Azure Security.
Talent Acquisition Team
Wired to Deliver
Every decision we make is governed by six core values. They are simply stated, non-negotiable and ever present.
Honesty and Integrity
Consistently Rated a Top Workplace By Our People
Strong core values, a culture of trust and empowerment, and a vision for success position Version 1 as a top employer across the UK, Ireland and India. If you are seeking a fair workplace in which recognition is based on merits, and career pathways are based on skills, then we could be a fit for you.Learn about our Culture
Award-Winning Employee Focus
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- HEALTHY PLACE TO WORK
- GREAT PLACE TO WORK
IN TECH, 2019 & 2020
- BEST WORKPLACES FOR WOMEN
AWARD, 2019 & 2020
News & Insights
Blog: August 31, 2021
Version 1 is delighted to have been listed as one of the first organisations to be recognised as a Best Workplace in Tech in Ireland 2021. Ireland’s Best Workplaces in Tech is a new mode of recognition...
Blog: June 28, 2021
As part of our 2021 Diversity in Business Strategy, Pride, throughout the month of June, was identified as a key Version 1 celebration. We have made strong progress in recent years in developing Version...
News: June 24, 2021
Version 1, a leading technology and digital transformation provider, has accelerated its growth and added to its global customer base with the acquisition of Northern Ireland based digital services specialist,...